- President Nana Akufo-Addo's quote on COVID-19 on March 27, 2020, has gone viral with several world icons hailing him
- The president made the quote as part of his address on the latest measures the country needs to undertake with regards to the coronavirus pandemic
- In the specific quote, Nana solidly declared that priority be given to human lives that are at stake over the economy which can be revived
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
On March 27, 2020, Ghana's President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo addressed the nation for the fourth time on directives to be followed by the nation to fight COVID-19.
Nana Addo spoke extensively about the global pandemic made the solid impression that the fight against COVID-19 must be prioritized above all else since it puts human lives at great risk.
In his own words, the president said: "We know what to do to bring back our economy back to life. What we do not know how to do is to bring people back to life".
See the post below:
Since the pronouncement was made by Nana Addo, the quote has gone viral with many renowned personalities reacting massively to its positivity.
Some of the numerous reactions from world-renowned icons have been gathered by YEN.com.gh:
1. A very reputable TV programme aired around the globe captured it:
2. Director-General of the World Health Organization made reference to it.
3. An advisor to Abu Dhabi Govt on Health Tech/Innovation who is also affiliated to the Faculty Harvard and Singularity Universities retweeted it and dubbed it 'The quote of the Year'.
4. German Ambassador to Ghana made reference to it.
5. Professor & Chair of Global Public Health at Edinburgh University Medical School also retweeted it.
6. Piers Morgan, popular English broadcaster, journalist, writer and fair to say a critic of many things doffed his hat for Akufo-Addo.
7. Clinical Psychologist and Director at UCONNmHealth showed some love to Akufo-Addo.
8. Science Journalist, Molecular Biologist and Contributing Correspondent at Science Magazine couldn't agree more with Akufo-Addo.
In other news, the Minister of Information Hon. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has stated clearly that all the foreigners from Guinea who tested positive for COVID-19 in Tamale would be sent back.
Kojo Oppong Nkrumah made the information known at the press conference that was held by the Ministry of Information on the afternoon of March 29, 2020.
According to the minister, the 10 foreigners who came from Guinea tested positive for the novel coronavirus after being in the country for 11 days.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Only God can save Ghana from the Coronavirus outbreak - Pastor declares | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.