Gov't to open University of Ghana Medical Center after John Dumelo's advice

Gov't to open University of Ghana Medical Center after John Dumelo's advice

- Government of Ghana has finally listened to John Dumelo's advice

- John Dumelo recently told the government to, as a matter of urgency, open the University of Ghana Medical Center to help fight the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus

- John Dumelo today tweeted that the Ministry of Health has listened to his advice by promising to open the 615-bed facility

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

National Democratic Congress (NDC) parliamentary candidate for Ayawaso West Wuogon, John Dumelo says the government has finally listened to his advice to open the University of Ghana Medical Center in its quest to fight the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.

On March 25, 2020, John Dumelo advised President Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo to open the University of Ghana medical center so that it takes care of patient should the coronavirus cases increase.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: 49 people discharged for home treatment

"The cases are now 68. We are not praying for it to increase but that looks inevitable now. I would like to please beg His Excellency @NAkufoAddo to please open the 615 bed University of Ghana Medical Center for the purpose of managing the virus. Respectfully Sir," Dumelo earlier posted on Twitter.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: John Dumelo urges Ghanaians to stay safe

But in a recent tweet, Dumelo said the government of Ghana has listened to him with regard to the coronavirus.

In a tweet sighted by YEN.com.gh John Dumelo said he is glad the Minister of Health has stated today that the facility will be opened for that exact purpose.

READ ALSO: 10 beautiful photos of lady who survived coronavirus drop; shares experience

"Last week I tweeted about how the government wasn’t using the University of Ghana Medical Center to manage the Covid-19 virus. I am glad the Minister of Health has stated today that the facility will be opened for that exact purpose," he tweeted.

READ ALSO: Efia Odo denies being the lady in alleged bedroom video of Kwesi Arthur

Currently, the total number of confirmed cases in Ghana stands at a total number of 195.

YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the Health Minister Kwaku Agyemang Manu had stated that 49 patients out of 195 in Ghana had been discharged.

They are said to be responding to treatment and will continue the next stage of treatment from home as they are on their way to fully recover.

Speaking at a press briefing at the Ministry of Information, the Health Minister said these 49 people will be closely monitored to ensure that they recover fully.

This brave man is risking his life to educate Ghanaians about the spread of Coronavirus | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Source: Yen

Mailfire view pixel