- Salifu Saeed, Northern Regional Minister says one of the coronavirus patients who escaped from the hospital after she was quarantined has still not been found
- The patient, who is a woman in her early 20s, scaled over a wall leaving behind her belongings on Monday 30, 2020
- But the minister says the security task force in the region is still on a serious manhunt for the lady
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed, has disclosed that one of the coronavirus patients in Tamale who escaped from the facility in which she was being quarantined has still not been found since Monday 30, 2020.
The patient, who is one of the eight Guineans who tested positive for the novel coronavirus and was quarantined for entering the regional capital through unapproved route, is a woman in her early 20s.
The minister said the security task force in the region is still on a serious manhunt for the lady.
“We are still on a manhunt for her and I have issued a directive that anybody who is hoarding that young girl should release her. Anybody who has come across the lady should make her available. She’s on the run but she can run but she can’t hide so we are still hunting for her.
She did what she could do but we are also following her. Even though she escaped, it doesn’t mean there cannot be the arrest of other potential people who will violate the rules and regulations. The security is capable to take up this issue and we will get the needed results from the directive,” he stated on CITI FM.
There were two police and two soldiers who were guarding the guest house where the infected persons were being monitored before she escaped.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the Health Minister Kwaku Agyemang Manu had stated that 49 patients out of 195 in Ghana had been discharged.
They are said to be responding to treatment and will continue the next stage of treatment from home as they are on their way to fully recover.
Speaking at a press briefing at the Ministry of Information, the Health Minister said the 49 people will be closely monitored to ensure that they recover fully.
This brave man is risking his life to educate Ghanaians about the spread of Coronavirus | #Yencomgh
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!