- Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has revealed that 14 out of 7,461 people whose samples were taken as part of an enhanced contact tracing and testing came out positive
- He said the 14 make up for 0.18 percent of those who have tested positive
- The minister made this known while addressing a press briefing today
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes
Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has revealed that 14 out of 7,461 people whose samples were taken as part of an enhanced contact tracing and testing came out positive.
The 7,461 results are out of the over 15,000 samples that have been taken to be tested by the appropriate quarters.
The minister made this known while addressing a press briefing today, Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
“The brief I have is that, 7,461 had been tested and out of that, 14, that is 0.18 percent have tested positive,” he said.
Ghana’s case count keeps increasing as the day breaks.
The President in his 5th address to the nation on Sunday, April 5, 2020, revealed that the test results of the 15,000 contacts traced would be very critical to Ghanaians.
He added that the test results of these individuals would determine whether or not the restriction on movement would be extended.
This was confirmed by the Ghana Health Service on Monday, April 6, 2020. Before the aforementioned date, Ghana's total cases were 214.
In a report sighted by YEN.com.gh on Ghana Health Service, Greater Accra Region has most cases (258) followed by the Ashanti Region (18), Northern Region (10), Upper West Region (1), Eastern Region (1) and Upper East Region (1).
Accra lockdown: Fire outbreak at Haatso Agbogba | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.