China rejects independent international investigation into COVID-19

China rejects independent international investigation into COVID-19

- China has rejected calls for an independent international investigation into the deadly coronavirus

- According to a top diplomat in the UK, Chen Wen, the demands were politically motivated and would divert China’s attention from fighting the pandemic

- Meanwhile, an EU report is accusing China of spreading disinformation about the crisis

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

News reaching YEN.com.gh has revealed that China has rejected calls for an independent international investigation into the deadly coronavirus which originated there.

According to a BBC report, a top diplomat in the UK, Chen Wen said, the demands were politically motivated and would divert China’s attention from fighting the pandemic.

It is believed that formation about the origin of COVID-19 and how it initially spread could help countries tackle the disease well.

Per media reports, the virus is believed to have started at a wildlife market in the city of Wuhan late last year, December 2019.

READ ALSO: Pretty Ghanaian lady returns GHc2k that MoMo vendor mistakenly gave her

Meanwhile, an EU report is accusing China of spreading disinformation about the crisis in times when the right information is needed the most

The bloc’s External Action Service says Russia, and to a lesser extent China, has “targeted conspiracy narratives” in the EU and neighbouring countries.

US President Donald Trump has also repeatedly attacked China for its handling of the outbreak, and the state of Missouri is suing the Chinese government, accusing it of doing little to stop the spread of the virus.

Scientists have poured cold water on speculation that the virus could have been engineered in a Wuhan laboratory.

READ ALSO: Court places injunction on Electoral Commission; halts workshop to train officers

Meanwhile here in Ghana, more males are contracting the novel COVID-19 than females in Ghana, according to data by the Ghana Health Service.

The GHS latest update on Friday, April 24, 2020, indicated that 59% of the total number of 1,279 persons who tested positive for COVID-19 are males while 41% are females.

The data also showed 82% of the people who have tested positive so far in Ghana have no travel history, while 18% have traveling history.

READ ALSO: 'Just one month of COVID-19 and our economy is in ICU' - Mahama speaks to Ghanaians

Reasons why some Ghanaians are not wearing the nose masks in town | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Send us a message on our Facebook page or on Instagram with your stories, photos or videos.

Source: Yen

Mailfire view pixel