Countries where Ghana’s imported COVID-19 cases travelled from

Countries where Ghana’s imported COVID-19 cases travelled from

Ghana’s COVID-19 case count is now 1,279 as of Friday, April 24, 2020. The latest update also revealed an increase in the number of recoveries from 120 to 134.

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

The data from the Ghana Health Service also revealed that 10 people have died from the pandemic since the West African country recorded its first cases on March 12, 2020.

It is instructive to note that Ghana’s initial cases of COVID-19 were all imported.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Ghana Health Service reveals more males are getting than females

However, the GHS data indicates that 18% of the positive cases have a travel history, the remaining 82% have no clear history of travel.

The breakdown of the countries where the 18% imported cases are from are as follows;

Great Britain - 5 people, representing 4%

Germany - 3 people, representing 3%

France - 2 people, representing 2%

Turkey - 2 people, representing 2%

The rest of the countries all are Spain, Norway, South Africa, London (UK), Hungary, China and Burkina Faso. These countries have a case each

The Ghana Health Service data also indicated that more males are contracting the coronavirus compared to females. In all, there are 59% of men and 41% of women.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: All the news you missed this week on the pandemic in Ghana

The COVID-19 disease that was first detected in Wuhan, China late 2019 has spread to 185 countries and regions.

It has killed more than 165,000 people and infected over 2.4 million.

The U.S. is the worst-affected country with nearly 760,000 people testing positive, and 40,000-plus dying.

YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) report for April 2020 is predicting victory for President Nana Akufo-Addo in the December polls.

According to the EIU report, it expects the New Patriotic Party (NPP) to retain power because it does not see the NDC’s flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama as a good custodian of the country’s economy.

Ghanaian landlady cancels rent for 3 months due to coronavirus | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: Tema robbery: Police give account of how witnesses scattered GHC123,345 leaving only GHC 2,500

Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Send us a message on our Facebook page or on Instagram with your stories, photos or videos.

Source: Yen Newspaper

Mailfire view pixel