- Donald Trump has announced that he would no longer host daily press briefings at the White House
- He made the sudden announcement days after he suggested disinfectant as a direct treatment for the coronavirus
- He had claimed later that he was being sarcastic
United States President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday that his daily press briefings at the White House are no longer "worth the time or effort".
This transpired days after his disastrous press briefing where he suggested using disinfectant and UV lights to directly treat coronavirus patients.
The Huffington Post has said that reports indicate that White House aides have been desperate to convince Trump to shorten his press briefings which can last up to 2 hours.
READ ALSO: Kanye West jabs Forbes over error in stating his net worth
YEN.com.gh learned that his election team are said to be worried that his inarticulate ramblings, which are often contradictory, can potentially damage his chances of re-election.
Trump tweeted on Saturday:
“What is the purpose of having White House news conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions” and “refuses to report the truth or facts?” he asked. “Not worth the time & effort!”
READ ALSO: Donald Trump's ideas on COVID-19 make him a laughing stock online
He had later distanced himself from the comments, saying that he was being sarcastic.
YEN.com.gh had earlier suggested that disinfectant and UV light could be used as a treatment. Social media users had a field day poking fun at the US president.
Donald Trump usually has unorthodox solutions to challenges and the latest was his suggestion that disinfectant and ultraviolet light could be used as treatments for CODID-19 patients.
He astonished the medical world when he said that disinfectant could be used directly to treat patients.
“Is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that.”
Reasons why some Ghanaians are not wearing the nose masks in town | #Yencomgh
READ ALSO: 271 more cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ghana; total number hits 1,550