- President Akufo-Addo addressed the nation for the 8th time
- His address to the nation included some very important details
- Most important of them is the government's intention to build 88 100-bed district hospitals
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh
In a bid to outline certain measures put in place by government to curtail of the spread of the coronavirus, President Akufo-Addo addressed the nation for the eighth time.
His address to the nation on April 26, 2020, carried a lot of information, ranging from case count to the extension on the ban on public gathering as well as the intention to build 88 hospitals.
In case you missed it, YEN.com.gh has outlined all the major highlights from the address.
1. President Akufo-Addo announced that the death toll was now 11 however adding that all those who lost their lives had underlying health conditions. In a bit of hopeful news, Akufo-Addo indicated that some 155 patients had recovered.
2. In addition to incentive packages given to health workers, government has enabled domestic production and supply of protective equipment to health workers.
3. The ban on public gathering has been extended by 2 weeks.
4. The news of some Ghanaians aiding some West African Nationals to illegally enter the country.
5. Government to begin the construction of 88 district hospitals
6. Existing laboratories to be beefed up and establishment of new ones across every region to fasttrack testing.
7. Muslims to stay home and pray even as they mark the holy month of Ramadan.
READ ALSO: COVID-19: UHAS set to begin testing from April 27, 2020
In other news, the laboratory at the University of Health and Allied Sciences would from today, Monday, April 27, 2020, start testing COVID-19 samples.
The UHAS lab would help reduce the workload on the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR) as well as the Kumasi Centre for Research which have been at the forefront for testing COVID-19 collected samples.
This move is also in line with Ghana’s objectives of expanding its capacity for testing for the COVID-19.
READ ALSO: COVID-19 fight: Government to build 88 district hospitals - Akufo-Addo reveals
Reasons why some Ghanaians are not wearing the nose masks in town | #Yencomgh
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome.
Get interactive via our Facebook page.