The Ministry of Health has announced that every Ghanaian must entreat to wear a face mask in these critical times.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
According to a statement signed by the Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, it is now compulsory for all Ghanaians to were the face masks “in all public places where it may be difficult to maintain social distancing”.
The statement from the GHS director also stated that some groups and individuals are required to wear the mask without any excuse.
YEN.com.gh presents the list of persons and groups who the ministry says must compulsorily wear the face masks;
1. Food vendors and sellers at markets
2. Commercial vehicle drivers and attendants
3. Commuters on public transports
4. Persons in public and commercial centres
5. And persons entering facilities like shopping malls, churches, clinics, and hospitals and all other facilities accessible to the public whether privately or publicly-owned.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that a new poll shows that 54.7% of Ghanaians are ready to vote for former president John Dramani Mahama in the 2020 elections.
The sitting president, Nana Akufo-Addo, only polled 45.3% of the votes.
The poll was organised by singer Becca on her Twitter handle. According to her, many people had been sending personal requests to her direct message asking for such a poll to be carried out.
Reasons why some Ghanaians are not wearing the nose masks in town | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.