Since the outbreak of the coronavirus disease otherwise known as the COVID-19, President Akufo-Addo has always addressed the nation to give updates taken to stop the spread of the disease.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
In his ninth televised broadcast to Ghanaians on May 10, 2020, the president announced some measure so far taken by the government.
In case you missed it, YEN.com.gh has compiled a list of all the major things the president said during his address.
1. Ban on public and social gatherings extended to May 31
2. All backlog of cases cleared
3. COVID-19 cases rise to 4700
4. One person infected 533 persons in Tema alone.
5. According to Akufo-Addo, political actors would say the current numbers represent failure on the part of the government. He added that the political actors need to make such comments for their survival.
6. Akufo-Addo said the rapid implementation of policies resulted in low infection, hospitalisation, and death rates.
7. Police are arresting persons who put their life and health and that of others in jeopardy irrespective of their status.
8. Government has so far distributed PPE's to some health care facilities across the country.
9. He added that soft loans are going to be rolled out to support micro and small scale businesses.
In other news, President Nana Akufo-Addo has revealed that the ban placed on all public and social gatherings has been extended until the end of the month.
According to him, until May 31, 2020, the ban would be in full force.
He made this known while addressing Ghanaians in his ninth televised address to the nation on the measures put in place to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
Ghanaian Pastor ventures into farming to help feed the country | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.