- The NPP will soon hold its long-awaited parliamentary primaries
- The primaries are scheduled to take place on June 20, 2020
- The primaries which were scheduled for April 2020 was put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- The primaries would take place in the 168 constituencies to avoid crowding
- In constituencies where the party has no seat, candidates have been selected to represent the party
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Information reaching YEN.com.gh indicates that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) will hold its parliamentary primaries on June 20, 2020.
The General Secretary of the NPP, John Boadu, said the primaries would be held in the 168 constituencies where it has its sitting Members of Parliament.
Also, in constituencies where the party has no sitting members, parliamentary candidates have been selected to represent the party in Parliament.
The June 20 primaries will enable the party to chose parliamentary candidates for the December 7, 2020 general elections.
The primaries are going to be held at the electoral areas to prevent the congregation of many people at one place so as to help curtail the spread of the COVID-19.
Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19, the primaries which were scheduled for April 2020, was put on hold.
This was announced by the General Secretary of the Party, John Boadu, according to a report sighted by YEN.com.gh on graphic.com.gh.
Thus, the president is expected to be declared as flagbearer of the party by popular acclamation soon, Boadu disclosed.
Ghanaian Pastors are crying because of the lack of offerings and tithes - Woman explains | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.