Ghana's COVID-19 confirmed case count spikes to 10,358

Ghana's COVID-19 confirmed case count spikes to 10,358

- 157 new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in the country

- The total cases count has now moved from 10,201 to 10,358

- Greater Accra Region is leading the chart with 6642 cases, Ashanti and Western Regions following with 1799 and 778 recorded cases respectively

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

An additional 157 news cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in the country, YEN.com.gh can confirm.

This figure has pushed the total case count to 10,358 confirmed cases.

Statistics from the Ghana Health Service have revealed as of Thursday, June 11, 2020, confirmed this.

Also, the recovery rate is now, 3.842, with the death rate still standing at 48.

Greater Accra Region is still leading the chart with 6642 cases; Ashanti and Western Regions follow with 1,799 and 778 recorded cases respectively.

The Gender distribution chart also showed that more men representing 58% of the cases recorded have been affected than the rest of the 42 percent of women who have been infected.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: 111 health workers test positive for virus in Central Region

The increasing numbers have drawn the attention from Ghanaians who have shared their varied opinions on the update.

Theophilus asked what was accounting for the increase in active cases.

Kennedy prayed to God to help us overcome the pandemic.

Isaac believes things are not adding up and went ahead to make his own calculations.

Koranteng said Ghana's case count is getting scarier.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Banana seller at Police Training School tests positive

Meanwhile, sixteen out of the 48 people who lost their lives through the coronavirus disease in Ghana have been buried by the Environmental Health Division of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly.

The 16 bodies represent the 27 families that registered their dead family members for burial.

Among the 16 bodies buried was the 9-year-old boy who reportedly passed away at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: 16 out of 27 registered bodies finally buried in Accra

Ghanaian female accounting graduate and mushroom farmer recounts her experience | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen

Online view pixel