- Henley Passport Index has rated Japan as the country with the world's strongest passport
- The strongest passport has visa-free access to 191 countries while Singapore at the second position has 190 access
- Other nations of the world on the list are Germany, Finland, Spain, Sweden, Ireland, among others
- Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Henley Passport Index has identified the world's strongest passports in 2020. It should be noted that the Index periodically reviews passports around the world.
The passports are reviewed based on their access to countries without the need for visas. On the list, Japan leads with the ability to get to 191 countries, CNN reports.
Singapore is number two on the list with 190 countries access, while South Korea and Germany are both on number 3 with 189 free access.
Below is the full list world's most powerful passports:
1. Japan (191 destinations)
2. Singapore (190)
3. South Korea, Germany (189)
4. Italy, Finland (188)
5. Spain, Luxembourg, Denmark (187)
6. Sweden, France (186)
7. Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, Ireland, Austria (185)
8. United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Greece, Belgium (184)
9. New Zealand, Malta, Czech Republic, Canada, Australia (183)
10. Slovakia, Lithuania, Hungary (181)
Meanwhile, YEN earlier reported that As of 2020, the Seychellois passport is the 29th most powerful passport in the world, and it gives citizens of the country visa-free or visa on arrival access to 151 countries in the world.
According to the country's foreign affairs department, Seychellois citizens also have visa-free or visa on arrival access to Bulgaria, Cyprus, Finland, Italy, Portugal, among others.
In other news, Princess Anta Madjiguene Ndiaye, a Senegalese, was captured and sold into slavery. Her people had to spend two centuries before they knew where she had been.
In 2018, they welcomed her spirit back home with a big celebration. Princess Anta was taken in 1806 from Wolof kingdom. All hope became dashed as the search effort to find her ended up a futile one.
With all hope lost, a funeral rite was performed to lay her spirit to rest, a ceremony done to fulfil all traditions in case she had been killed.
After her capture, she was taken to Goree Island with other slaves until the time came for them to be displayed at a slave market.
NPP Primaries: Yaw Buaben Asamoa is the Parliamentary candidate elect for Adenta | #Yencomgh