- John Dumelo, believes he will win the Ayawaso West Wuogon seat with a 54% vote margin
- He said his deeds would make him win the seat which a lot of people believe belongs to the NPP
- YEN.com.gh has compiled a list of things he has done within some short period of time that might possibly make him win the seat
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana!
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) parliamentary candidate for the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency, John Dumelo, believes he will win the seat with a 54% vote margin.
According to him, his deeds would make him win the seat which a lot of people believe belongs to the NPP.
Speaking in a recent interview on Citi TV‘s Face to Face program, he argued that the constituency has retrogressed in the past few years hence the need for a leader who genuinely has the needs of the constituents at heart.
YEN.com.gh has compiled a list of things he has done within some short period of time that might possibly make him win the seat.
1. Dredging storm drains in West Legon
2. Helping small scale businesses in AWW
3. Lockdown dairies: Providing data for some GIMPA students
4. Lockdown dairies: Stocking up food for distribution in AWW
5. Creating water access points where constituents can access water freely
6. Continuous touching of lives during the lockdown
7. Donation to James Prison to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic
8. Donation to all 5 police stations in Ayawaso West Wuogon
9. Providing stationery to children in Roman Ridge
10. Reaching out to widows to show them love on Vals day
11. Helping pay the fees of students
12. Distribution of laptops to needy students
Dumelo believes the distribution of laptops is by far the biggest investment in education
Meanwhile, John Dumelo says the sitting MP, Lydia Alhassan, will lose the 2020 parliamentary elections even if she constructs roads with gold in the area.
In an interview on 3FM, Dumelo said his opponent, Lydia Seyram Alhassan, has lost the elections in advance.
Dumelo said Lydia Alhassan has been forced to work hard for the people because of him.
“Before I won the primaries, was she working like this? No, she is now working extra hard because she has seen that the seat is not for her,” he said.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.