The Chief Executive Officer of the Forestry Commission, Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, popularly referred to as 'Sir John' died on 1 July.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
According to reports, the former general secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) was infected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The NPP stalwart passed while receiving treatment at the Intensive Care Unit of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Tributes have been pouring in for the late Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie.
YEN.com.gh has gathered some interesting facts about the late NPP former general secretary.
1. Sir John was born in the Ashanti Region of Ghana
2. He studied political science at the University of Ghana before enrolling in the Ghana School of Law where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws
3. Sir John was admitted as a solicitor and counsel for the Supreme Court of Ghana
4. He was appointed head of legal services at the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation during the tenure of President Kufour
5. He served as the General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party from 2010 to 2014
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the deputy minister for trade and industry, Carlos Ahenkorah, and the New Patriotic Party's campaign manager, Peter Mac Manu, are reportedly on admission at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Korle Bu teaching hospital.
A Citi News report indicates they both tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease, otherwise known as COVID-19.
According to a report filed by Citi News, they are not the only NPP leaders who have tested positive for the virus as a number of government officials have tested positive for the virus.
Ghanaian taxi driver invents hand washing machine tap for cars | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.