Clemento Suarez has warmed the hearts of Ghanaians with his enviable talent as a comedian, and many people love him so much.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Ghana has a great talent in the person of Clemento Suarez, a comedian you can never listen to without cracking your ribs at any time.
He is funny, witty, intelligent, and carves his comedy around almost everything he sets his eyes on – a special thing not many comedians can do.
Clemento Suarez got his name on the lips of Ghanaians with his Kejetia vs Makola comedy series that got social media laughing.
Since then, he has not looked back as he continues to display his talent to Ghanaians.
YEN.com.gh has gathered 6 interesting facts about Clemento Suarez that you never knew.
He made these revelations about himself in an interview with Nana Ama McBrown on her McBrown’s Kitchen show monitored by YEN.com.gh on Sunday, 5 July.
1. Real name: Clemento Suarez is known as Clement Ashiteye in real life. He is a Ga and hails from Teshie. He revealed that he is a 100% Ga, meaning that his parents are all Ga people. This is sure to surprise many people as Saurez usually expresses himself so fluently in the Akan language, making him look like one of them.
2. Grew up in Kumasi: Despite being a Ga, Suarez grew up in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region. In his own words, he started life in Kumasi where he attended school till he completed junior high school before returning to the Greater Accra Region.
3. Senior High School: Suarez was privileged to have attended one of the best senior high schools in Tema, and Ghana at large, Temasco! Though he did not say on the show, it is likely that Suarez joined the school’s drama group while there.
4. University Education: Clement Ashiteye proceeded to the University of Ghana after Temasco to do a business-related course.
5. Real job: Suarez works with the British High Commission as a permanent staff member. He did not say exactly what he does there but it is sure to be a good thing.
6. Relationship: Clemento Suarez says he is dating, but as usual, failed to mention the name of his girlfriend.
Meanwhile, Suarez is also a fine singer and rapper in addition to his comedy skills.
He was awarded Man of the Year at the just-ended EMY Awards held over the first weekend of July.
Faces of Ghana: 21-year-old female boxer's dream of becoming a world champion:
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.