- Naana Opoku-Agyemang was recently appointed by John Dramani Mahama as his running mate for the 2020 general elections
- If Mahama should win, Naana will become the first female vice president of Ghana in history
- YEN.com.gh highlights some of the top achievements the ambitious 68-year-old professor has chalked
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Professor Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang has been selected by former President John Dramani Mahama as his running mate for the 2020 general elections in Ghana.
This is an exciting development as it is the first time the National Democratic Congress has appointed a female running mate in recent history.
YEN.com.gh highlights some of the top achievements the ambitious 68-year-old professor has chalked over her many years as an academician and politician.
1. Minister of Education for Ghana between 2013 and 2017
READ ALSO: Mansa: Lady with amazing beauty paints Twitter with stunning photos on her birthday
2. Vice Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast during the Atta-Mills and Mahama's administration prior to 2012 general elections
3. Dean of School for graduate studies and research at the University of Cape Coast
4. Chair of the board of Graphic Communications Group Limited
5. Eminent citizen at the College of Physicians and Surgeons
6. Ghana's representative to the executive board of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in 2009
READ ALSO: A female vice president will emerge between '20 - '24 - Nigel Gaisie's prophecy (video)
7. Chancellor of the Women's University in Africa located in Zimbabwe
8. Head of the Department of English at the University of Cape Coast
9. Dean of Faculty of Arts at the University of Cape Coast
10. Masters and Doctorate degrees from York University in Toronto, Canada in 1980 and 1986 respectively
11. Academic Director of the School for International Training in the History and Cultures of the African Diaspora
In another report by YEN.com.gh, Barbara Oforiwaa Agyemang, a beautiful 24-year-old Ghanaian's family has accused Ridge Hospital in Accra for her passing over a wrong diagnosis of her sickness.
In a report gathered by GhOne TV and sighted by YEN.com.gh, Barbara was at a holding facility at the Accra Regional Hospital for six days, denying her of proper treatment as a COVID-19 patient.
It is indicated that throughout her entire stay at the hospital, she was being treated for other ailments aside from COVID-19, and even upon her demise the cause of death was labelled as bilateral bronchopneumonia, pulmonary disorder, and acute pyelonephritis.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Chairman Wontumi jabs John Mahama on the voter registration exercise | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.