- The father of the KNUST SHS boy named Leonard who passed away after being neglected due to the fear of having COVID-19 has spoken
- According to Sam, the boy's dad, he was in town when he got a call from his wife informing him about their son's sickness
- Sam had to rush to the campus before sending the child to the hospital for any medical attention
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The father of Leonard, the boy who passed away at KNUST SHS after being abandoned because of fear that he probably had the novel coronavirus, has narrated the incident.
3news.com indicates that the man named Sam recounted how he went to the campus before fetching his son to take him to the hospital on 3FM's Sunrise on Thursday, 9 July.
According to Sam, he works as a teacher and was fortunately in town at the time when he got a call from his wife saying the school authorities had called to tell her their son was not well.
Sam stopped everything he was doing immediately and rushed to the campus only to be told by the security officer that he (the father) was being waited for.
Leonard's father immediately rushed to the administration and met a number of students but did not spot his son among them. He then inquired from some teachers who were having a conversation and was shown where his son was.
Sam said the only thing the teachers did was to ask one of the students to get a taxi. From there, he sent his son to the hospital by himself and never heard from the school authorities since then.
Unfortunately, Leonard did not make it.
“[The school authorities] haven’t reached out to us. We rather sent a letter to them informing them of the demise of my son but they are yet to respond," Sam said.
In other news, a Ghanaian nurse who works at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital and contracted COVID-19 while performing her duties has narrated that she takes trotro on a regular basis.
The nurse, simply identified as Abena, made the shocking revelation in an interview with Starr FM's, Francis Abban, according to Starrfm.com.gh.
Abena explained that she was given the option to be admitted to the hospital or self-isolate at home, but because of the fear of being charged after her admission, she opted to isolate at home.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Senior Minister, Osafo-Maafo, tests positive for COVID-19
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?