With barely five months to the election 2020, the political atmosphere is gradually heating up and building up in Ghana.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Ghanaians will go to the polls on December 7, 2020, to elect a new president to govern the country and parliamentarians in the process.
The elections will largely and mainly be a contest between the incumbent, New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the main opposition, the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
READ ALSO: Naana Opoku-Agyemang clarifies stand on Montie 3’s utterances
The NPP presidential candidate is President Nana Akufo-Addo. His running mate is Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia.
The NDC will be represented by former president John Dramani Mahama and his running mate Prof. Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang.
Ahead of the polls, Vice President Dr. Bawumia has listed some things Akufo-Addo did better than John Mahama as president of the republic.
In a Facebook post, Dr. Bawumia urged the Ghanaian electorate to compare the records of both leaders before deciding who to vote for on December 7.
According to him, what matters ultimately to Ghanaians is how these two leaders were able to manage the economy and alleviate the suffering of the people when they were given the opportunity to serve.
He opined that it is not about what you say in opposition. It is about what you do in government.
READ ALSO: NDC gives Bawumia 60 Mahama achievements for Akufo-Addo's 50
YEN.com.gh has listed 6 of the things Dr. Bawumia said President Akufo-Addo did better than John Mahama.
1. John Mahama presided over low industrial growth during his four years in office. Nana Akufo-Addo has increased industrial growth and building and reviving many factories under IDIF, etc.
2. John Mahama presided over higher inflation. Nana Akufo-Addo has reduced inflation
3. John Mahama increased electricity tariffs by 45% annually. Nana Akufo-Addo has reduced electricity tariffs.
4. John Mahama did not provide any relief and even increased electricity prices during dumsor. Nana Akufo-Addo has provided free electricity for lifeline consumers and free water to all for 6 months during COVID-19
READ ALSO: Cry baby Domelevo is always running to the media - Audit Service board chairman
5. Under John Mahama, Kayayei were charged daily market tolls. Nana Akufo-Addo abolished market tolls for kayayei.
6. John Mahama could not implement the National ID Card. Nana Akufo-Addo has implemented the National ID Card.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA) has rebutted claims by deputy Finance Minister, Charles Adu Boahen, that the majority of customers affected by the banking crisis have been paid.
According to the deputy minister, at least 96% of people whose money was locked-up in the collapsed banks and saving and loans companies have received their deposits.
Charles Adu Boahen told Parliament on Tuesday, July 28, that 20% of the funds were paid in cash while 80% was paid through bond issues.
Prof. Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang's full speech at her outdooring | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page!
Source: Yen Newspaper