Ghanaian mother narrates how she became disabled after receiving wrong medication at hospital

Ghanaian mother narrates how she became disabled after receiving wrong medication at hospital

- A Ghanaian mother named Delali Agbosu became disabled after she was administered the wrong injection at a medical facility

- According to Delali, she was only four years old at the time and had to spend the rest of her life suffering from the consequences

- Delali was able to go to tertiary school despite her condition, but getting jobs has been difficult because of her situation

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

Delali Agbosu, a Ghanaian mother of one who lives at Adenta, has narrated how receiving the wrong medication at a hospital left her disabled for life.

The young lady who lost both parents made the profound revelation in a video interview sighted by YEN.com.gh on the official YouTube handle of SV TV Africa.

Delali said she was only four years old at the time of the unfortunate medical incident and has had to live her entire life as a disabled person.

READ ALSO: You were underrated by Ghana - Fans tell Jordan after winning top 3 awards at club side

Watch the full video below:

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: Woman proudly flaunts her dark skin, posts snaps and goes viral

According to Delali, she does not remember exactly how the event unfolded but she has been told she was given an injection at the hospital and was unable to walk after she was brought home, and that was it.

Currently, the mother of one is only able to move around by bending to ground herself properly with her hands as support.

Despite her condition, Delali has been able to attend school and graduate from the Accra Technical University as well as secure herself a qualification in broadcast journalism, but due to her situation it has been impossible to find any job.

Any assistance that would give her a livelihood would be much appreciated, she added.

READ ALSO: Princess Kasune Zulu: Zambian MP with HIV tests positive for COVID-19

In another report, a woman whose identity has been blurred for security reasons has revealed that doctors at Ridge Hospital left a huge towel inside her tummy after she had a C-section at the regional hospital.

According to the Ghanaian mother who recounted the incident to Captain Smart on Accra-based Angel FM, the towel was left inside her for nine months until it was discovered and removed at a different hospital.

She indicated that her stitched wound took so long before healing and she constantly visited the other hospital from where she was usually referred back to Ridge Hospital.

Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Ghanaian engineering graduate converts shipping containers into apartment and offices:

Subscribe to watch new videos

Share your stories and news by getting interactive on our Facebook page!

Source: Yen

Mailfire view pixel