Ghana’s sole citizen vigilante, Kennedy Agyapong, is alleging the former governor of the central bank, Dr Kwabena Duffuor, spent over two billion Ghana cedis of depositors funds on properties.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
In his latest revelation, the Assin Central legislator alleged that the former Minister of Finance and owner of uniBank used depositors money to buy properties for himself totaling $477,934,650.00 (GHc2,112,960,000.00).
Kennedy Agyapong said the embattled Dr Duffuor admitted the above claim in a letter to the receiver of the collapsed uniBank.
READ ALSO: Only 2% of depositors of collapsed banks and microfinance companies are yet to be paid - Akufo-Addo
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) MP’s latest exposé comes on the back of a statement made by Bishop Charles Agyinasare that the NPP government collapsed banks because of jealousy.
But the MP said the man of God’s statement is false because Dr Duffour “has admitted wrongdoing. If you don’t have the facts, I’ll give you all these facts for you to read.”
Ken Agyapong said on Net 2 TV that Dr Duffour contributed to the collapse of his own bank and it was not hatred or jealousy by any government like Bishop Agyinasare is claiming
YEN.com.gh has compiled a list of the properties Ken Agyapong is alleging Dr Duffour bought with uniBank’s depositors' money.
READ ALSO: You are also in your final year - WASSCE students tell Akufo-Addo over elective 1st paper (video)
1. Dawa land costs $9,500,000.00
2. Plot No. 115 costs $2,273,485.00
3. Unnumbered parcel at Cantonments costs $2,048,000.00
4. Plot No. 45A Independence Avenue costs 12,000,000.00
5. Premier place apartment costs $550,000.00
6. Plot No 26/27 Ridge enclave costs 5,000,000.00
7. Strawberry Vale Apartments cost $2,600,000.00
8. Unnumbered property on Asafoatse Nettey Road cost $550,000.00
9. Duchess Apartments costs $2,250,000.00
10. Dzorwulu Apartments costs $2,500,000.00
11. Unnumbered property at South Industrial Area-Graphic Road costs $300,000.00
12. Amrahia land cost $1,770265.00
13. Unnumbered Parcel at Giffard Road Cantonments costs $950
14. Ada Island Parcel costs $500,000.00
15. Ada waterfront parcel costs $80,000.00
16. Land Pokrom Aburi costs $1,900,000.00
17. Plot No. 102 Ota Kumasi costs $1,000,000.00
18. Commercial Building Tudu costs $1,000,000.00
19. Property No. B 20B Airport costs $2,313,000.00
20. Parcel No. 29 Independence Ave costs $6,849,900.00
21. Parcel No. 32 Ridge enclave costs $12,000,000.00
22. Industrial Site Tema Motorway cost $120,000,000
23. Cassel Energy Tema costs $40,000,000.00
24. Marine Drive land costs $250,000,000.00
Kennedy Agyapong opined that all the above properties are in the name of HODA Properties Limited, Bolton Portfolio Limited, Integrated Properties Limited, and Cassel Energy Limited.
READ ALSO: Adwoa Safo celebrates 1st marriage anniversary; flaunts handsome husband (Photo)
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that Member of Parliament for Dome Kwabenya Constituency, Sarah Adwoa Safo, is currently the happiest woman on earth.
The lawmaker has warmed hearts on social media by celebrating her first marriage anniversary.
Tuesday, August 4, 2020, happened to be exactly one year since the Minister of State in charge of Public Procurement walked down the aisle.
Ghanaians react to John Mahama's promise to pay depositors funds when elected:
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page!
Source: Yen News