- Robert Trump was admitted at a New York hospital on Friday, August 14
- Donald Trump announced the young Trump's demise and eulogised him as his best friend and brother
- Details about the deceased's death have, however, been kept under wraps
- In June, the 72-year-old was admitted in the ICU where he was fighting for his life for what was said to be a serious condition
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
United States President Donald Trump is mourning the death of his brother Robert Trump who passed away on Saturday, August 15.
Robert Trump was the US president's younger brother and he breathed his last at a New York hospital where he had been receiving treatment for an undisclosed illness.
In a statement, Donald Trump eulogised the deceased as his best friend besides being his brother reiterating his memory would live in his heart forever.
"It is with a heavy heart I share that my wonderful brother, Robert, peacefully passed away tonight. He was not just my brother, he was my best friend. He will be greatly missed, but we will meet again," the head of state said.
On Friday, August 14, the White House confirmed the 72-year-old had been admitted in the New York-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan.
New York Post reported that Donald Trump who was expected to spend the weekend in New Jersey, had to visit his younger brother in the medical facility.
However, when asked about the details of his brother's ailment, the US leader declined to reveal his brother's condition.
"I have a wonderful brother. We have a great relationship for a long time, from day one, so a long time ago. And he's in the hospital right now. Hopefully, he'll be alright, but he's, he's pretty, he's having a hard time," he said.
In June, the late stayed in the intensive care unit of Mount Sinai Hospital in New York for two weeks for what was described as a serious condition.
Robert, who was born in 1948, was one of four other siblings to the president including the late Fred Trump Jr.
University of Ghana's most brilliant student; April Amanda Nutakor | #Yencomgh