Ghanaian father & 4 kids who stay by public toilet become victims of explosion

Ghanaian father & 4 kids who stay by public toilet become victims of explosion

- Oko Adams, a 56-year-old Ghanaian single father of 4 has become helpless after one of his children was involved in an explosion

- The explosion occurred at La in the Greater Accra Region, days ago

- For 2 years, Oko and his kids have been living in a makeshift structure beside a public toilet in the area

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

A 56-year-old Ghanaian father by name Oko Adams has beseeched the public and well-meaning stakeholders for assistance after his family became victims of an explosion.

According to a report by Ghanaweb.com, Oko, the single father of four, had one of his kids become a casualty during the explosion that occurred at La in the Greater Accra Region.

With no support yet coming in for the father and his children including the injured one, they have been putting in an uncomfortable position by the development.

READ ALSO: Lady who was childless for 20 years gives birth to three babies at once

Watch the video below:

Subscribe to watch new videos

“I have nothing, I’ve used all the money in my savings to take care of my child’s medical bills. Now I have nothing left. Please my fellow Ghanaians, the government come to my aid and help me take care of my child. I’m begging you,” the poor father said.

Oko Adams and his children live on a piece of land just beside one of the main public toilets in the area in a makeshift structure barely big enough to accommodate three average height people.

Right beside their sleeping space is a hen coop which is half the size of his makeshift structure and this has been his home for the past two years.

READ ALSO: Video drops showing the last words of 90-year-old alleged witch before her demise

Ghanaian father & 4 kids who stay by public toilet become victims of explosion

Father with kids who live by public toilet
Source: UGC

READ ALSO: UG couple graduate, marry & start running own business, all in 1 year

It is reported that anyone who would want to help Mr Oko Adams and his family can do so via the number +233 20 142 9329.

Meanwhile, a meat pie hawker whose items were part of the 100 properties burnt down completely during the Shiashie fire incident in the Greater Accra Region has narrated her bitter experience.

According to the lady who did not identify herself by name, the event turned out to be a double tragedy for her, as she lost her dad recently and had just completed his funeral rites.

She revealed all her predicaments in an interview with YEN.com.gh at the site where her goods used to be kept.

Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Trotro mates on why they take "chobo" | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Share your stories and news by getting interactive on our Facebook page!

Source: Yen

Online view pixel