President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Tuesday, August 18, 2020, began a four-day working visit of the Western Region and Central Regions
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
As part of the tour of the region, the president also visited the central region to inspect various works and commission several projects.
On Wednesday, August 2020, he ended his 2-day working visit to the Western Region which started on Tuesday 18, 2020, with visits to Shama, Asakae, Sekondi, Essikado and Takoradi.
On Thursday, August 2020, the president began a 2-day working visit of the Central Region, with visits to Elmina, Twifo Praso and Cape Coast.
YEN.com.gh has listed all the things done by President Akufo-Addo during his working visit to the Western and Central Regions.
READ ALSO: Mahama challenges Akufo-Addo; says he is ready to debate him any day
1. Sod cutting for Elmina fishing port and expansion project.
2. Commissioning of the Ekumfi Fruits and Juices factory under the 1D1F initiative
3. Cutting sod for the construction of a bridge over River Pra
4. Inspected ongoing works at the Twifo Praso District Hospital. The project is 95% complete
5. Construction of GNPC constructional headquarters.
6. Inspection of work on the Axim sea defence project.
7. Sod cutting for the 100-bed Shama hospital.
8. Sod cutting for the integrated recycling plant
9. Sod cutting for the construction of the Esiama-Nkroful road;
10. Launch of the Gwira and Akango Community Mining Schemes;
11. Sod cutting for the Nsuaem Senior High School Project;
12. Sod cutting for the construction of a gold processing plant at Aboso.
13. Sod cutting for the Takoradi Market Circle project
14. Meeting with Western Regional House of Chiefs
15. Visited the Essiam Bypass and the Railway Training School at Essikado
In other news, the flagbearer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC) John Mahama has challenged president Akufo-Addo to debate with respect to infrastructural development in each of their governments.
Mahama stated that he is ready to present himself for a debate anytime, any day should he be called upon it.
His challenge comes after Vice President Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia’s data-driven presentation on August 18, 2020, on infrastructural achievements of the NPP.
Vox Pop: Mahama or Akufo-Addo? Who deserves to win Election 2020? | #Yencomgh
Got a story you think we should know about? Get interactive via our Facebook page!