- Anthony Joshua urges Dillian Whyte to find his instinct back
- The 32-year-old was defeated in round five of his bout against Alexander Povetkin on Saturday, August 22
- Joshua also told the British-Jamaican he is very much available for their fight when he is ready
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua believes Dillian Whyte lost his killer instinct in his surprise defeat to Alexander Povetkin.
The 32-year-old British-Jamaican was forced to kiss the canvass in the fifth round of the heavyweight bout staged at the Matchroom Sport Headquarters, Brentwood, England
Joshua felt Whyte had a chance to take out his opponent earlier in the fight but chose to delay till the next round and he later suffered defeat.
READ ALSO: Victoria Lebene steps out with her baby for the 1st time
The English boxer of Nigerian descent told Joshua told 5 Live Boxing.: "I thought 'has Dillian lost that instinct?'
"I believe if you smell or see a drop of blood you have to take them out. If you leave it a round or two you just don't know.
READ ALSO: Afia Schwarzenegger flaunts her lookalike dad; fans react
"If a man gets a hope and a lifeline he might just bounce back. If I see you hurt I am going to blitz you and Dillian need to get back to that mindset.
READ ALSO: Tracey Boakye asks A Plus why he went around telling people that he slept with her
"The last thing you lose is your power. Povetkin is a bit shaky on the legs but the foundations these guys have, I don't think you can give them an inch of hope. They will take any opportunity, and opportunity matched with power is knockouts.
"Certain people will now be negative towards Dillian. I believe he's a great fighter. It's a blip in his career.
READ ALSO: Shatta Wale buys new customized 2020 BMW 7 series
"Five years from now it will just be part of the story. He will be able to look back and think it's a great lesson."
Joshua also told Whyte that the window to fight him is still available as long as the Jamaican will take advantage of the opportunity when he can.
"As long as I am champion he always has a chance. "I'll fight Dillian any day of the week," Joshua told 5 Live Boxing.
"I offered Dillian to fight me in 2019 before I fought Andy Ruiz Jr. He turned it down. Dillian, if you want that world title shot and I haven't got any obligations, then come and get this work."
Before yesterday, Joshua was the only boxer to have beaten Whyte back in 2015 and their chances of facing off again are slim.
It was earlier reported that Anthony Joshua could have been a sensational football superstar playing in the Premier League as he was a very talented footballer during his teenage days.
The world heavyweight champion who grew up in Watford had his footballing career dashed as a result of his partying as a youth.
According to SunSport, Joshua claimed he was lured into nightlife even as a teenager when he had series of hangouts with the older crowd.
4-yr-old boxer: I want to become a world champion | Legit TV