With just a few months left to the 2020 general elections, most Ghanaians are by now forming or making their decisions on who to vote for based on unique reasons.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
A decision to vote or not to vote for one particular candidate could be based on a lot of reasons.
The First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, has through her foundation, initiated a lot of social intervention projects in both health and education to augment what President Akufo-Addo is doing.
Through her foundation, the Rebecca Foundation, she has touched the lives of so many Ghanaians.
Based on these interventions which mostly benefit women and children, come 2020, some electorates may decide to vote for the NPP to retain power so that she can continue her good works.
READ ALSO: READ ALSO: Mahama assures Ghanaians of free primary healthcare
Below are some 6 social intervention programs she has undertaken.
1. Computerised library facility
2. The Relief Boxes Challenge
3. The Rebecca Foundation is focused on maternal health so this project comes as no surprise.
4. The Korle-Bu PICU and NICU units also benefited for her social intervention programmes
5. The “BECAUSE I WANT TO BE” project is an initiative that seeks to ensure the continuous education of our girls, with the aim of leaving no one behind.
6. The reading to learn is a literacy campaign or project started with the intention to help children adopt healthy habits like reading while growing up.
READ ALSO: We want money instead of the hot meals – JHS teachers to Akufo-Addo
In other news, some JHS teachers have stated that they would be more pleased if the government replaced their hot meals with money.
Although they welcomed the government’s one hot meal initiative for pupils and staff announced by President Akufo-Addo in his 15th COVID-19 address to the nation, they claim cash would be better.
Mavis Adjei, a teacher in a public basic school said some teachers were on diet and would not benefit from the meals an
READ ALSO: Students of St. Cyprian's Anglican JHS 'A' reject hot meal; say the food is not sweet
Thousands line up in Takoradi to welcome President Akufo-Addo | #Yencomgh
Got a story you think we should know about? Get interactive via our Facebook page.