Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The 21st edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards has come to an end but not without a few surprises here and there.
One of the biggest shockers for some Ghanaians has been the fact that Wendy Shay did not get any award although she calls herself the Queen of Ghana Music.
Some Ghanaians have been reacting wildly to this development on Twitter.
Check out some of the reactions below:
1. Facts Nkoaa hilariously indicated that the queen was not even awarded with a cup that could be disposed
2. Referring to Wendy Shay as Abetifi Beyonce, Bossy asked why she was not 'crowned' at the VGMA 2020
3. Interestingly, @aj_sarkcess said he suspects Wendy Shay is a Manchester United fan as she has been going trophyless for a while
4. Sung suggested that Wendy Shay should not crown herself queen when the likes of Efya and Adia are around
READ ALSO: 9 most adorable moments from the VGMA2020
5. Dr Hausakoko called the VGMA corrupt for not giving Wendy, even a voltic bottle
6. According to Mr Law, Chater House seems to be sleeping on the female artiste
Meanwhile, Kuami Eugene, the winner of the Artiste of the Year award at the just-ended Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2020, has said that he did not expect to get this far.
Rockstar, as he is also affectionately called, made this statement in his acceptance speech after he was declared the winner of the highly-coveted title.
According to Kuami Eugene, he comes from humble beginnings in Fadama and Akim-Oda, and back then, prospects of one day becoming Artist of the Year in Ghana were dim.
Star Gist: Edem shares the inspiration behind his new EP; Moodswings | #Yencomgh
Share your stories and news by getting interactive on our Facebook page!