President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has in his 16th Address to the nation on the measures taken to curtail the spread of the coronavirus disease, announced a number of measures taken by the government.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The issues he addressed has been much talked about by Ghanaians, expecting that the president would do something about it.
YEN.com.gh has however, listed some eight major highlights from Akufo-Addo's speech with infographics attached from President Akufo-Addo's Facebook page.
1. Opening of airports
2. Measures put in place for passengers
3. Land and Sea borders still closed
4. SHS and JHS 2 students to return to school
5. JHS and SHS should not exceed 30 and 25 respectively
6. JHS 2 students to be given one hot meal a day
7. The next academic year will begin in January 2021
8. Beaches, cinemas, pubs and nightclubs still closed
In other news, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has confirmed that, the Kotoka International Airport would begin operation on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
According to him all passengers who would be reporting to the Kotoka International Ariport are to have a negative COVID-19 test result.
The result he said should not be more than 72 hours old when presented at the airport
"John Mahama can create 1 million jobs in 8 years" - Sam George | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.