- The NPP on Saturday, August 22, 2020, launched its manifesto ahead of the 2020 elections
- The NDC also launched their policy document they will work with on September 7
- The 2020 elections are likely to be primarily between NPP's Akufo-Addo and NDC's John Mahama
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The two main contenders in the upcoming elections, the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have all launched their manifestos, promising Ghanaians all sorts of things if given the mandate to govern Ghana.
The NPP was the first to launch its manifesto in Cape Coast, Central Region on August 22, 2020.
The NPP’s manifesto is titled; “Leadership of Service: Protecting our Progress, Transforming Ghana for All”.
Speaking at the NPP manifesto launch, President Akufo-Addo, the presidential candidate for the incumbent party said their policy document will continue down the path of social and economic transformation.
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) also launched their manifesto on Monday, September 7, 2020, in Accra.
The opposition’s manifesto is dubbed, the ‘People’s Manifesto: Jobs, Prosperity and more’.
The 143-page policy document is the NDC blueprint aimed at creating jobs and building a strong economy when it wins the December polls.
In an event monitored by YEN.com.gh, the NDC categorized their manifest into six development priorities over the next four (4) years;
• Fixing the Economy and Uniting Against Poverty • Promoting Human Development
• Providing Infrastructure for Accelerated Growth
• Creating Sustainable and Decent Jobs “Edwuma Pa”
• Promoting Good Governance, Anti-Corruption and Accountability
• Deepening International Relations and Foreign Affairs.
Following the launch of the NPP and NDC Manifestos, YEN.com.gh is asking, which political party has a better manifesto for Ghanaians between the two main contenders and why?
Below are some of the answers given by YEN followers and readers on Facebook.
Godfred says the two manifestos are good.
Thomas says NPP's manifesto has substance than the NDC's.
Ernest says NPP all the way.
Yaovi thinks the NDC's manifesto is better than the NPP's.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has cautioned Ghanaians ahead of the December general elections to make a wise choice by voting for President Nana Akufo-Addo instead of John Mahama.
Speaking at a press conference monitored by YEN.com.gh in Accra on Monday, September 7, 2020, the deputy campaign manager of the NPP, Dr. Mustapha Hamid, said it will be a waste of an opportunity to bring back the National Democratic Congress (NDC) flagbearer.
John Mahama's emotional moment on stage at the NDC's manifesto launch | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.