Lily Collins is an English-American actress and model known for playing Collins Tuohy in the 2009 biographical sports drama film, The Blind Side. She is also a Golden Globe nominee and an award-winning actress, having won four awards since the beginning of her career in 2008. Although she has worked hard in the entertainment industry, many people only recognise her for being the daughter of an English drummer and singer, Phil Collins.
Unlike many actresses, Lily Collins started acting when she was two years old. Collins is also a writer, having written for various popular magazines, a passion she began in her teenage years.
But acting and writing are not the only two things that Lily Collins has done in her life. She has also worked as a model and appeared for different publications, including Spain’s Glamour.
Lily Collins bio summary
- Full name: Lily Jane Collins
- Citizenship: British-American
- Age: 31 years
- D.O.B: 18 March 1989
- Birthplace: Guildford, Surrey, England
- Parents: Phil Collins (Father), Jill Tavelman (Mother)
- Siblings: Simon Collins (half-brother), Joely Collins (half-sister)
- Height: 1.65 m (5 feet 5 inches)
- Profession: Actress, Model, Writer
- Ethnicity: White
- Education: Harvard-Westlake School, Broadcast Journalism, University of Southern California
Lily Collins was born in Guildford, Surrey, England in 1989. She grew up in England until the age of seven. She is the daughter of Phil Collins, a renowned musician, multi-instrumentalist, drummer, and record producer.
Phil is best known for releasing Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now). Her mother is Jill Tavelman, a once president of the Beverly Hills Women's Club between 2011 and 2013.
In 1996, Lily Collins mother divorced Phil Collins and moved to Los Angeles, United States. It is in America where Lily experienced most of her childhood. However, she used to fly back to England to stay with her father during Christmas.
In California, Lily Collins went to Harvard-Westlake School. She later graduated from the University of Southern California after majoring in broadcast journalism. Lily Collins age was 18 when Spain’s Glamour magazine named her International Model of the Year.
READ ALSO: Destiny Etiko bio: age, parents, net worth, boyfriend, and photos
Family, husband, and children
Lily Collins is the daughter of Phil Collins and Jill Tavelman. Although she is the only daughter of Jill Tavelman, she also has other stepsiblings. Her father has had several relationships in his lifetime.
Phil then married Orianne Cevey in 1999 and had two sons named Nicholas and Matthew. Therefore, Lily’s stepsiblings include Joely Collins, Simon Collins, Nicholas Collins, and Matthew Collins.
Who is Lily Collins married to?
Despite being in several relationships in the past, Lily has not tied the knot. Therefore, there is no "Lily Collins husband" at the moment.
While she is not married, Lily Collins has been in various relationships over the years, including an on and off relationship with English actor, singer, and model, Jamie Campbell Bower. She also dated Zac Efron, an American singer, and actor, for one year between 2012 and 2013.
Even after separating many years ago, Lily Collins and Zac Efron became an on-screen couple in the 2019 biographical crime film, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile. However, the two have never rekindled their romance since then.
READ ALSO: Chioma Akpotha bio: age, children, husband, movies, and Instagram
Is Lily Collins single?
Lily Collins is not a single woman as of 2020. Although she is not married, the English-American actress is in a relationship with Charlie McDowell. If you have never heard of him, Charlie McDowell is an American writer and film director. Collins announced him as her boyfriend on her Instagram account in 2018.
Lily Collins has had a long professional career that dates back to 1991. Her first role on the screen was in the series Growing Pains. But after the separation and eventual divorce of her parents, she moved to the USA, something that halted her acting path.
2007 – 2008
In 2007, the magazine, Chanel, selected her to wear a gown at the Bal des débutantes. Spain’s Glamour magazine later named her the International Model of the Year. The actress also hosted the series Kids Pick the President in 2008 and subsequently won the Young Hollywood Award for Newest Red Carpet Correspondent.
READ ALSO: Kate Henshaw bio: age, net worth, daughter, movies, and house
2009 – 2014
Between 2009 and 2014, the actress appeared in several TV shows and movies. Some of Lily Collins movies and TV shows of that time are:
- 90210 (2009 TV Show) – as Phoebe Adams
- The Blind Side (2009) – as Collins Tuohy
- Priest (2011) – as Lucy Pace
- Abduction (2011) – as Karen
- Mirror Mirror (2012) – as Snow White
- Stuck in Love (2012) – as Samantha Borgens
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) – as Clary
- Love, Rosie (2014) – as Rosie Dunne
Lily’s roles in Mirror Mirror and The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones enabled her to get three nominations and one award. She won the 2014 Hollywood Film Awards under the New Hollywood Awards category. The actress also received two nominations in Teen Choice Awards and MTV Movie Awards.
2015 – 2020
Between 2015 and 2020, the actress appeared in several movies, TV shows, and short videos. These include:
- Rules Don't Apply (2016) – as Maria Mabley
- To the Bone (2017) – as Ellen
- The Last Tycoon (2016-2017 TV Series) – as Celia Brady
- The Dig (2017 Short Film) – as Zoe
- Les Misérables (2018 -2019 TV Mini-Series) – as Fantine
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019) – as Liz Kendall
- Tolkien (2019) – as Edith Bratt
- Inheritance (2020) – as Lauren Monroe
She also played the voice of Princess Dawn in the 2018 movie, A Wizard's Tale. The actress will appear as Emily Cooper in the upcoming TV series, Emily in Paris, and Rita Alexander in Mank (2020).
READ ALSO: Shantel Jackson net worth, age, parents, bio, and nationality
What is Lily Collins famous for?
Lily Collins became famous for playing Snow White in the 2012 fantasy adventure film, Mirror Mirror. She also played many roles in various movies and TV shows, including covering and hosting the 2008 US presidential election on the series, Kids Pick The President.
Despite her successes on the screen, many people only know her as the famous daughter of a music maestro, Phil Collins. Arguably, being Phil Collin's daughter has opened many doors for Lily Collins.
Awards and nominations
Many Lily Collins TV shows and movies have earned the English-American actress several awards throughout her acting career. These include:
- 2008 Young Hollywood Awards award for One to Watch.
- 2012 Teen Choice Awards nomination for Choice Movie Actress – Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards nomination for Summer's Biggest Teen Bad A**.
- 2014 Teen Choice Awards nomination for Choice Movie Actress – Action.
- 2014 Hollywood Film Awards award for New Hollywood Awards.
- 2016 Hollywood Music in Media Awards nomination for Best Original Song - Feature Film
- 2016 Golden Globe Awards nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical.
- 2017 Alliance of Women Film Journalists award for Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest.
In 2017, the actress also won the Costume Designers Guild award for Lacoste Spotlight Award.
READ ALSO: Oge Okoye bio: age, husband, net worth, movies, and children
Lily Collins net worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Lily Collins net worth in 2020 is $8 million. She made her money from many years of working as an actress, writer, and model. Collins has also endorsed various products in her lifetime, including Lancome Advanced Genifique (2013) and Movado (2013). In 2018, she sold a one-bed flat in Los Angeles worth £2.2 ($2.82 equivalent) million.
Lily Collins is an English-American actress and model known for playing Snow White in the fantasy adventure film, Mirror Mirror. She is also the daughter of musician and drummer, Phil Collins. The actress has a net worth of $8 million and uses @lilyjcollins as her Instagram account handle.
Yen.com.gh created a list of the richest musicians in Ghana. The list goes on to show that although careers in the music industry are overrated, they generate a lot of income for the top artists.
Among the top paid artists you will find, Becca, Sarkodie, and Okeyame Kwame. Other names that are surprisingly listed among the top 10 are Tinny and D-Black.
Source: Yen News