- A 14-year old boy kidnapped by some unidentified men have been returned
- The boy was dumped after the person they sent the victim to reportedly rejected a male
- Narrating the incident, the victim said he was captured by men when he stepped out their gated house to urinate
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
News reaching YEN.com.gh indicates that a 14-year old boy kidnapped by some unidentified men around Area 52 in Ho last Friday, October 9, have returned the boy.
According to a report filed by Graphic.com.gh, the boy was dumped after the person they sent the victim to reportedly rejected a male.
The boy speaking in an interview while on a hospital bed, stated that he overheard a voice rejecting the kidnapper's offer and instead said it was a girl who was preferred.
The Ho Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Prosper Kofi Pi-Bansah, said it is clearly a case of ritual operation which went well for the victim and bad for the kidnappers.
Narrating the incident, the victim said he was captured by men when he stepped out their gated house to urinate, and blindfolded and put in a sack with his hands tied.
According to him, while in the sack, he heard a voice rejecting him as an offer because of his gender.
Contrary to the boy's account that he stepped out of the house to urinate, his father, Selorm Awadi, said his son had been sent on an errand at about 9am last Friday but he failed to return home.
The victim's father said the whereabouts of his son could not be ascertained until word went round that a boy had been abandoned in a sack around the popular Mirage Pub area in Ho.
The MCE appealed to parents and guardians to be vigilant over their children especially teenagers.
In other news, the Member of Parliament for the Mfantseman constituency, Ekow Quansah Hayford has reportedly been shot dead.
Somanya man's mom dies with no illness after he travelled to Benin for 2 days & returned to buy cars & house
He was shot on his return from a campaign trip on the Abeadze Dominase–Abeadze Duadzi–Mankessim road by unknown assailants. The report further indicates that while multiple sources within the NPP have confirmed the unfortunate development, they are tight-lipped on details.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?
Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via Instagram or on YEN’s official Facebook page.