Carson Wentz is an American-born professional football quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles. He was selected with the 2nd overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft. This was one of the highest selections ever for an FCS player.
Carson has been playing in the quarterback and defensive position in his high school team. He also spent some of his time playing both basketball and baseball. He has been the NCAA FCS national champion 5 times.
Carson Wentz profile summary
- Full name: Carson James Wentz
- Date of birth: 30th December 1992
- Place of birth: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
- Age: 27 years
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Height: 6 feet 5 inches
- Weight: 108 kg
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Madison Oberg
- Profession: Professional football player
- Net worth: $45 million
The player was born on 30th December 1992 in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. He is the son Doug Wentz (father) and Cathy Domres (mother). His father was a linebacker at Northern State during his college period.
He has two brothers, Zach and Luke. Is Carson Wentz and Pete Wentz related? The two are not related in any way apart from coincidentally sharing the last name. Pete is a bassist while Carson is a professional football player.
He joined Century High School in Bismarck after his parents relocated to North Dakota. He graduated as the valedictorian of his class in the year 2011. He later joined North Dakota State University and graduated with a degree in health and physical education.
Carson began playing football for North Dakota State Bison football team during his college years. He progressed to play for Philadelphia Eagles in the National Football League. Here is the breakdown of his career.
READ ALSO: Rita Dominic bio: net worth, movies, husband, age, photos
Carson made his debut on 22nd September 2012 where he successfully brought 8 passes for 93 yards and a touchdown against Prairie View A&M University.
In 2013, he was still a replacement quarterback. However, he took part in 11 games where he threw 30 passes for 209 yards and a touchdown.
During his last year in college, he missed out on eight games since he had a broken wrist. However, he came back in December 2015 and led his team to win 5th championship.
He was picked as the second player by Philadelphia Eagles. He made his debut on the team with a 29:10 victory. He threw passes for 278 yards and 2 touchdowns. Wentz made history in the 2017 season, where he threw 33 touchdowns with 3,296 yards of space.
Even though he helped the Philadelphia Eagles to reach the playoffs in the NFC, he missed the match. What happened to Carson Wentz? He contracted a cruciate ligament during one of the regular seasons.
However, Carson Wentz contract with Philadelphia Eagles was extended for four years until 2024. The deal pays him a record of $107 million. The incentives could increase Carson's total value to slightly above $153 million.
Carson Wentz stats
Carson has been one of the most impressive football players. His career stats over the years speak for themselves. Here is the breakdown of Carson stats in both his college and NFL career.
- 2012: North Dakota State - 12 completions, 16 passing attempts, 144 passing yards, and 2 passing touchdowns
- 2013: North Dakota State - 22 completions, 30 passing attempts, 209 passing yards, and 1 passing touchdown
- 2014: North Dakota State - 228 completions, 358 passing attempts, 3,111 passing yards, and 25 passing touchdowns
- 2015: North Dakota State - 130 completions, 208 passing attempts, 1, 651 passing yards, and 17 passing touchdowns
READ ALSO: Kate Henshaw bio: age, net worth, daughter, movies, house
NFL regular season stats
- 2016: Philadelphia Eagles - 379 completions, 607 passing attempts, 3,782 passing yards, and 16 passing touchdowns
- 2017: Philadelphia Eagles - 265 completions, 440 passing attempts, 3, 296 passing yards, and 33 passing touchdowns
- 2018: Philadelphia Eagles - 279 completions, 401 passing attempts, 3, 074 passing yards, and 21 passing touchdowns
- 2019: Philadelphia Eagles - 388 completions, 607 passing attempts, 4, 039 passing yards, and 27 passing touchdowns
- 2020: Philadelphia Eagles - 97 completions, 160 passing attempts, 930 passing yards, and 4 passing touchdowns
Awards and record highlights
Carson has won many awards within a few years of debut. Some of his achievements and awards are as follows:
- Super Bowl champion (LII)
- Bert Bell Award (2017)
- 2017 - Pro Bowl
- 2016 - Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
- 21017 - NFC Offensive Player of the Week
- October 2017 - NFC Offensive Player of the Month
- September 2016 - NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month
- Most pass completions
- Most consecutive games with 1+ TD pass with 1 INT or less
- The first QB in history to have a 4,000-yard season
- First QB in history to throw for 20 or more TDs and 7 or less INT in 3 consecutive seasons
READ ALSO: Oge Okoye bio: age, husband, net worth, movies, children
- 2019 - The first quarterback in team history to throw for over 4,000 yards: 4,039 (2019)
- Consecutive games with a touchdown pass (19, streak ongoing)
- Season completion percentage: 69.6% (minimum 6 starts)
- Lowest interception percentage: 1.2% (minimum 11 starts)
Carson Wentz wife and marriage
Carson is married to Madison B Oberg, the daughter of Lisa Broughton and Brian Oberg. Madison comes from Lexington, Kentucky and has two older sisters, Alexis and Lauren. The duo got engaged on 4th February 2018 after Carson's team won 41-33 against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.
The football player took it to Instagram to share the good news. On 16th June 2018, the duo officially exchanged their vows. The nuptials took place at Lake House Inn in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
The duo shared several wedding photos with the hashtag #WentzaUponATime. Carson and Madison went for a romantic honeymoon in Greece where they even got matching tattoos. The word agape, which means unconditional or God's kind of love was inked on both of them.
Carson Wentz salary and net worth
The major source of Carson's income comes from his successful career as a football player. He has a net worth of $45 million as of the year 2020. His annual salary is approximately $1.3 million.
Carson Wentz is one of the most successful American football players. He has managed to achieve so much at such a young age. He made his come back and performed far much better than before regardless of suffering many injuries.
READ ALSO: Lily Collins age, boyfriend, net worth, parents, height, movies & TV shows
Yen.com.gh recently shared the biography of English-American actress and model Lily Collins. She is a Golden Globe nominee and an award-winning actress.
Collins is also a writer, having written for various popular magazines, a passion she began in her teenage years. However, many people only recognise her for being the daughter of an English drummer and singer, Phil Collins.
- Oge Okoye bio: age, husband, net worth, movies, children
- Bukky Wright bio: net worth, son, husband, movies, photos
- Cardi B bio, songs, net worth, age, profile