- David de Gea joined Manchester United in 2011 from Spanish club Atletico Madrid
- The Manchester United goalkeeper is the highest-paid footballer in England
- Arsenal new signing Thomas Partey who earns £260,000 (about N128million) weekly is also in the top 20
David de Gea is the English Premier League’s highest-earning player, with the goalkeeper taking home £375,000 (about N185million) weekly as his contract with Manchester United stipulates.
According to GiveMeSport, six players who moved to the English top-flight during the just concluded transfer window have made the list of the top 20 highest earners.
No doubt, following the pandemic, the football business has been severely hit financially, however clubs in England spent about £1.2 billion (close to N600bn) to bring in new players.
The statistics have shown that all players in the top 20 earners’ list are members of squads in the top 2.
And six of the players who teams spent money on also contribute to a list of the top 20 earners that is completely filled with players from the top six.
Here are the top 20 Premier League players that make up the weekly wage charts according to GiveMeSport - Weekly pay
20. Timo Werner, Chelsea - £179,000
19. Roberto Firmino, Liverpool - £180,000
18. Alexandre Lacazette, Arsenal - £182,051
17. Ben Chilwell, Chelsea - £190,000
16. Willian, Arsenal - £192,308
=12. Tanguay Ndombele, Spurs - £200,000
=12. Marcus Rashford, Manchester United - £200,000
=12. Harry Kane, Spurs - £200,000
=12. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool - £200,000
11. Edinson Cavani, Manchester United - £210,000
10. Gareth Bale, Spurs - £220,000
9. Sergio Aguero, Manchester City - £230,135
=7. Anthony Martial, Manchester United - £250,000
=7. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal - £250,000
6. Thomas Partey, Arsenal - £260,000
5. Mesut Ozil, Arsenal - £268,750
4. Paul Pogba, Manchester United - £290,000
3. Raheem Sterling, Manchester City - £300,000
2. Kevin de Bruyne, Manchester City - £320,833
1. David de Gea, Manchester United - £375,000
Meanwhile, YEN.com.gh earlier reported that Brazilian football star Neymar who is currently playing for French champions Paris-Saint-Germain has emerged as the player topping the list of the highest-paid individual in boot deal in the world.
This is an incredible record and achievement for the former Barcelona star who is topping his former teammate Lionel Messi and also Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus.