Have you been struggling to get the right words to use when writing out of office messages? You might be soaking up the sun on the beach or tearing up the slopes, but your coworkers and customers are still in the office and may not know that you are not available.
Failing to tell people that you are out of the office could come back to haunt you, especially if they are expecting a prompt response. You can prevent all these by ensuring that you have informed your colleagues and customers of your absence from the office.
Why writing an out of office message is crucial
A good out of office message accomplishes the following:
- It provides instruction, so coworkers or clients are not waiting for you to address a time-sensitive question or concern.
- It lets clients or any other outside contacts know you are not ignoring their messages.
- It sets clear expectations around when you will be able to respond.
To write an effective out of office message, you should include the following:
- Start with a friendly and professional greeting.
- Include the number of days that you will be away.
- Mention if a sender can expect a response in case a need arises.
- Whom they should reach out to in the event of an emergency while you are away.
- Do not forget to give instructions for tasks that you commonly perform.
- You can also decide to say why you are away.
Best out of office messages
- Thanks for your email. I am currently on holiday with my family for the first time in what seems like forever. For urgent matters, [name] will help you. She does not have a cape, but she is Superwoman. See you very soon. I am in [country] [date] to [date] so email replies may be tardy due to the curvature of the earth and the sun. Thank you.
- Thanks for your email. I will be away from the office until [date] and will respond as soon as I can. For all support requests/needs, please reach out to [email] and one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you.
- If you are interested in signing up for [product], feel free to reach out to my manager [name] at [email]. You can learn more about [company name] presence here. Do not forget to smile!
- Hi, I am currently in [country]. My inbox did not join me on this trip, so I will be sure to answer your message as soon as I return stateside on [day of the week], [date]. If your matter is urgent, please contact [email]. Thanks and happy holidays!
- Thank you all who have been writing to me. However, I am not responding to any of you starting Friday because I am on my leave.
- To all our customers, the sales manager will be out of the office for the next seven days and therefore will not respond to you. In the meantime, make your issues known to (name and contact).
- Hi there, Thanks for your email. I am out of the office right now and will not return until [mm/dd]. I will get back to you as soon as I get back into the office. Best.
- Hi there, thank you for reaching out! We are currently in the middle of our busy season so our reply may be delayed up to three days. We appreciate your patience while we look into this for you! Thank you.
- Hey there, this message is automated because until [date] because I am moving to [location]. That is right. A cross-country road trip from [city] to [city]. I will get back to you when we pull into the driveway.
Out of office message sample for vacation
Working continuously without a break may result in poor performance of an organization. Therefore, it is crucial to break from your working environment and chill out somewhere with your loved ones.
If you are going for a vacation, some of the messages you can use are:
- Hi there, thank you for your email. I will be out of the office from mm/dd to mm/dd and will have limited access to email/will not have access to email. If this is urgent, please contact (name) at (email) or (phone). I will do my best to respond promptly to your email when I return on mm/dd. Best regards, (name)
- Hello, and thanks for your email. I am currently out of the office until mm/dd with limited / no access to email. If your request is urgent, please contact (name) at (email or phone). I will be sure to get back to you when I return on mm/dd. Thanks.
- Season’s Greetings! I will be out of the office starting Thursday this week. If you need immediate assistance, please send an email to (name) at (email) who will help you out. Happy ho-ho-holidays!
Professional out of office emails
You should always find professional ways to inform your colleagues that you are out of the office. Here are some excellent ideas:
- Did you enquire about (service) from me? Great! Please read what our customers are saying about how fantastic their experience has been—(Link to testimonials). Best Regards.
- Hello! Thanks for getting in touch. I am out of the office until [date] with limited access to email. I am looking forward to connecting with you when I return.
- The managing director is out of the office until (date). To seek immediate help, please contact (name) and (address).
- Thank you for your email! I am on vacation. Vacations are not for checking email, so I will not be doing that. I am not responding to any questions until (date).
- Apologies, but I am currently knee-deep in sushi and shrines on the other side of the world in (country). If you have an urgent query about (business) before then, please do not hesitate to contact (name) in my absence. Thanks so much.
- Hey, there! I am out of the office this week, but my Twitter @ (handle) signal is always on.
- To all of you who have sent me messages, I will not be responding to any of them because I am on my leave. You can contact (name) who will be performing on my behalf. Wish me well for my holiday, thanks.
Automatic reply messages
Despite being out of office, it is essential to send an out of office reply to anyone who might be requiring your help while you are away. You can decide to set your computer with automatic messages for those seeking your assistance. Start by greeting the receiver and then proceed to use any of the responses below:
- From (date) to (date), I will be out of the office. For this reason, I've delegated my duties to (name and phone number).
- To our esteemed customers, I will be out of the office from (date) to (date). I will have very limited or no access to my email. For immediate assistance, please contact me on my cell phone at (your cell phone number).Thanks.
- Thank you for your orders but the sales manager is out of the office for a couple of days. Kindly direct your orders to (contact person) from (date) to (date). Thank you for being our esteemed customer respectful regards.
- Warmest regards to all of you for your messages. Unfortunately, I might not be in a position to respond to all these messages until (date). I will do so after returning to the office on (date).
If you have plans of taking days off from work and enjoy your vacation, proper communication is vital before leaving. Using these professionals out of office messages will be proof that you have the best communication skills, and you value your work.
READ ALSO: How to find message requests in Messenger 2020
Yen.com.gh previously reported about how to find message requests from friends in Messenger. Without a doubt, Facebook's Messenger is one of the most popular applications in the market for instant messaging.
The process is straightforward, and all it takes is downloading the prerequisite application and using its sophisticated search function.
- 100+ black horse names that are beautiful and unique
- Algerian names: Top 100 for boys and girls
Source: Yen Ghana