- Jerry John Rawlings and his family have held final funeral rite for his late mother, Victoria Agbotui
- Videos and photos have popped up showing the children of the former president at their grandmother's burial service
- Three of Rawlings four children, Zanetor, Yaa Asnatewaa, and Kimathi, were present
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
Former President Jerry John Rawlings and his family have held a final funeral rite for his late mother, Madam Victoria Agbotui.
The funeral for Madam Agbotui began with a burial service at the forecourt of the State House on Saturday, October 24, 2020.
As earlier reported by YEN.com.gh, videos from the burial service showed many dignitaries came to mourn with Rawlings and his family.
President Nana Akufo-Addo, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, NDC running mate Professor Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang, among others, were present to mourn with Rawlings.
Also featuring prominently at the burial were service were the children of the former president who came to mourn their grandmother.
Videos sighted by YEN.com.gh show Rawlings daughter, Zanetor and Yaa Asanetwaa and their brother, Kimathi, at the ceremony. Another daughter, Amina, was not sighted at the grounds.
Below are videos and photos of how Zanetor and her siblings mourned their grandmother.
1. Rawlings children join their parents and other family members to file past the casket of Madam Agobtui to pay their last respects:
2. Only son, Kimathi, escorts his mother, Nana Konadu, to go and lay a wreath for Madam Agbotui:
3. Zanetor reads a tribute to Madam Agbotui on behalf of her father:
4. A photo of Zanetor, Yaa Asantewaa, and Kimathi at the ceremony:
Meanwhile, former President Rawlings went emotional at the burial service of his mother.
The former president was so overwhelmed with emotions that he could not read his tribute. That was the reason why his daughter, Zanetor, had to read on his behalf.
A video of the emotional moment which has popped up online shows Rawlings in a sombre mood while Zanetor read the tribute.
The mother of Rawlings passed away on Thursday, September 25, 2020.
Madam Agbotui passed away just two weeks after celebrating her birthday. Born in 1919, she turned 101 years old on Wednesday, on September 9, 2020.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page