- Miracle Films CEO Samuel Nyamekye has held a funeral for his late father
- The funeral turned out to be a conglomeration of stars as many actors turned up
- Agya Koo, McBrown, Emelia Brobbey, Mercy Asiedu, Lil Win, Kwaku Manu, and others spotted
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
It was a big Kumawood reunion as actors, producers, and other players in the industry joined Samuel Nyamekye of Miracle Films fame to bury his late father.
Samuel Nyamekye, the popular movie producer who is credited as the pioneer of the Kumawood movie industry, lost his father a few months ago.
On Saturday, October 24, 2020, Nyamekye and his family held the final funeral rites of their old man.
The funeral turned out to be a conglomeration of movie stars and other players who came in their numbers to support the Miracle Films boss.
Videos and photos circulating on social media and sighted by YEN.com.gh show the likes of Nana Ama McBrown, Emelia Brobbey, and Mercy Asiedu at the funeral.
Others included Bill Asamoah, Kwadwo Nkansah 'Lil Win', Kwaku Manu, Big Akwes, and a lot more.
Speaking on behalf of her colleagues, McBrown expressed gratitude to Samuel Nyamekye for his role in their careers.
Below are some of the photos and videos from the funeral.
1. Emelia Brobbey and Nana Ama McBrown:
2. Agya Koo performs J.A. Adofo's Owuo Mpaso after arriving to a rousing welcome:
3. Tima Kumkum with McBrown, Emelia Brobbey, Christiana Awuni, and others:
4. Emelia Brobbey confers with McBrown as others greet at the funeral
5. Emelia Brobbey hugs Miracle Films boss Samuel Nyamkye while McBrown and others look on:
6. McBrown speaks on behalf of her colleagues at the funeral:
The funeral of Miracle FIlm's father comes exactly one year after the movie producer celebrated the 20th anniversary of his Miracle Films production house, the pioneering and strongest production houses in the Kumawood.
Just this funeral, the 20th-anniversary celebration also turned out to be a conglomeration of Kumawood stars.
Nana Ama McBrown, Emelia Brobbey, Agya Koo, Mercy Asiedu, Apostle John Prah, and other Kumawood stars graced the party in Kumasi.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page