Actor and Ayawaso West Wuogon MP aspirant, John Dumelo, has landed on the bad nerves of Ghanaians for calling on supporters of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to beat those of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), if they should rig the December elections.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
Ghanaian actor John Dumelo, who is also the NDC MP aspirant for the Ayawaso West Wuogon, has apologised for calling on NDC supporters to beat supporters from the NPP if they should rig the elections.
In the video that has gone viral on social media, Dumelo said he has been informed that the NPP is planning to rig the election, adding that if they get caught, the NDC would beat them up.
“We have heard that they want to steal the elections. If they do and we catch them, we will beat them,” Dumelo said in the Akan language during a campaign tour.
He received massive backlashes from the public, including actress Afia Schwar, for his comments.
The actor has made a quick U-turn on his comments, asking to be forgiven because he is a man of peace.
Ghanaians, however, have reacted to his apology with bitterness with some calling Dumelo names.
1. A gun to his head: Lucia, commenting on the development, asked if Dumelo had a gun to his head when making that comment:
yes_im_lucia: “When u were saying it no was someone holding a gun to ur head.”
2. Concert man who thinks Ghanaians are fools: Prince also called Dumelo a concert man who thinks Ghanaians are fools:
iamprince_charming891: “Concert he thinks we are fools.”
3. Too late to apologise: Emmanuel said it was too late for Dumelo to apologise:
aemmanuel079: “Apuuuuuuu sorry it’s too late man.”
4. Dumelo is deceptive: "Serwa described Dumelo as an unreliable man for apologising. To her, he only spoke what was abundant in his heart:
ab_serwa: “Who is he deceiving. Did he forget out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. He should go and ask Desmond Elliot.”
5. A man who cannot be trusted: To Yaa, Dumelo cannot be trusted because he is likely not going to say sorry after he wins the election:
yaa_pee: “After he wins . He won’t know how to say sorry , for now he will do anything to win ,we know them.”
6. His apology makes no sense: To Eve, Dumelo’s apology is nonsense and nothing else:
7. Candy says no one cares about Dumelo’s apology:
lovecandy2candy: “Who cares.”
In a more recent development, Dumelo has graduated from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) for his first degree in public administration.
YEN.com.gh earlier published photos from his graduation ceremony.
John Dumelo has promised to dedicate 50% of his salary to the youth of his constituency | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Send us a message now on our official Facebook page.