Kuami Eugene and his senior colleague, Sarkodie, have been trending in the news this whole week following a song Sarkodie got him to feature on.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
Open Gate singer, Kuami Eugene, is currently not on good terms with Sarkodie following a song they released this week.
Titled Happy Day, Sarkodie rapped about how God has taken care of him through thick and thin, therefore giving all the praises to him.
However, at the end of the song, he praised the NPP flagbearer and leader, Nana Akufo-Addo, advocating four more years for him.
Kuami Eugene has distanced himself from the song saying that Sarkodie never informed him that it was a song meant to endorse the NPP.
According to him, Sarkodie only sent him part of the song and asked him to produce the chorus for it. Thus, Kuami Eugene said he never got the chance to listen to the full song prior to its release.
He has been ranting on social media and in interviews he has granted so far. YEN.com.gh brings you 4 of Kuami Eugene’s comment about Sarkodie.
1. Sarkodie not his friend: In an interview he granted Mz Gee on TV3 and monitored by YEN.com.gh, Kuami Eugene says he cannot call Sarkodie a friend because they do not have any such relationship.
2. Not called him personally: Kuami Eugene revealed again that he has not taken a phone to call Sarkodie personally on any issue, and Sarkodie has also not done that with him. He said the only time he remembered they talked was when they met at an event. Even that, it was less than two minutes of pleasantries.
3. Manger to manager: Kuami Eugene also said their means of communication is mainly through their management. He explained that if he needed Sarkodie on any issue, he reaches out to him through his manager, Angel Town. Likewise, Sarkodie reaches Richie of Lynx Entertainment when he needs something from Kuami Eugene.
4. Sarkodie tricked him into featuring the song: Kuami Eugene belives Sarkodie did not tell him the full fact before getting him on board to feature in the song. To him, it is a trick because if he had known in advance, he would not have featured on it.
5. Sarkodie’s action to affect his career: Kuami Eugene has cried that his brand is going to suffer with Sarkodie’s behaviour. The young musician said he does not want his brand to be tagged with any political party, therefore, asking Sarkodie to come out and do the right thing about this issue.
John Dumelo has promised to dedicate 50% of his salary to the youth of his constituency | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Send us a message now on our official Facebook page.