- Highlife singer Kofi B will go home today, Saturday, November 7, 2020
- First videos from his burial service at Agogo have popped on social media
- The videos show a very sad atmosphere at the well-attended funeral
- Kofi B passed away in February after reportedly suffering a heart attack
Trending topics on the go: How we write news at YEN.com.gh
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
Highlife singer Eric Boakye Yiadom, popularly known as Kofi B, will be laid to rest today, Saturday, November 7, 2020.
The Akua Donkor singer will be buried at his hometown of Asante Akyem Agogo in the Ashanti region.
As at the time of this report, the burial ceremony for Kofi B was underway at the Agogo Presbyterian Park.
First videos have popped up from the burial ceremony for the Highlife star which has been well-attended by friends, colleagues, and other mourners.
The videos sighted by YEN.com.gh show a very packed funeral ground with a very sad atmosphere at the well-attended funeral.
See some of the videos below:
1. The arrival of Kofi B's body in a hearse:
2. Early mourners file past Kofi B's body at dawn:
3. More people troop in to pay their last respects:
4. A section of the mourners at Kofi B's burial ceremony:
It will be recalled Kofi B suffered a heart attack prior to performing at a concert around the Cape Coast area on February 2, 2020.
He was pronounced dead on arrival after being rushed to the Central Regional Hospital.
Born on February 10, 1975 to the late Kwabena Krah of Agogo Etia Aduana family and Madam Grace Afia Akyaa Of Agogo, Kofi B was only eight days away from his 45th birthday when he passed away.
He had been battling health issues over the past year and it is still not known what triggered the heart attack that led to his unfortunate demise.
Kofi B's funeral should have been held earlier but had to be rescheduled because of restrictions on public gatherings follwoing the COVID-19 outbreak.
He left behind seven children.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page