- The 2020 edition of the Radio and Television Personality (RTP) Awards was held on Saturday, 7 November 2020, at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra
- The awards night saw media personalities being honoured for their exceptional work and contribution to the media in Ghana
- While the event was meant to honour radio and TV personalities, some media stars came out to the event looking red carpet-worthy
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana!
The 10th edition of the Radio and Television Personality (RTP) Awards came off on Saturday, 7 November 2020, at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra.
One of the things that made the event unique was that it began just hours after news broke that US Democratic nominee, Joe Biden and his running mate, Kamala Harris, had been declared winners of the 2020 US election.
As earlier reported by YEN.com.gh, the 2020 edition of RTP awards saw many broadcasters receiving honours for their work in the 2019-2020 year under review.
Some media personalities who excelled in their endeavour within the past decade were celebrated for their contribution to the media in Ghana.
Stacey Amoateng, the general manager of Angel Broadcasting Network (Angel TV and FM), clinched two awards, RTP Personality of the Year 2020 and TV Development Show Host of the Year.
Peace FM's Kwame Sefa Kayi and the chief executive officer of the EIB Network (Starr FM, GHOne TV), Bola Ray, were also honoured as RTP Personalities of the Decade (2010-2020).
Although the night was meant to celebrate media personalities for their outstanding performance and contribution to the media, some notable media stars came to the awards night looking red carpet-worthy in their flawless outfits.
The Ghanaian actress turned TV personality, Nana Ama McBrown, who made an appearance on stage to receive her awards for TV Entertainment Show Host of the Year and TV Presenter of the Year, emerged with her usual glowing skin, flawless makeup and hair looking impeccable.
Despite Media managing director, Fadda Dickson, who was also honoured, while his outfit garnered 15 awards, appeared dashing in his well-cut suit.
Below are the looks of some media personalities who appeared at the RTP Awards looking red carpet-worthy.
1. The Ghanaian actress and TV presenter, Nana Ama McBrown, emerged on-stage in a jam suit and black long hair extension.
2. The managing director of the Despite Media Group, Fadda Dickson, donned a black tuxedo with glittering stones and bow tie.
3. Asaase Radio' Elvis Crystal rocks stunning tuxedo.
4. Slide to view photos of Kennedy Osei in different stunning scenes at the RTP Awards.
5. The actor Prince David Osei donning a large piece of African attire.
6. The chief executive officer of EIB Network (Starr FM, GHOne TV), Bola Ray.
In other news, the popular Ghanaian artiste manager, Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson, better known as Bulldog, has defended his recent remarks that dancehall stalwart, Shatta Wale, is bigger than incumbent President Nana Akufo-Addo.
Bulldog in an interview on Accra-based Okay FM’s mid-morning entertainment show, Best Entertainment, confidently stated that Shatta Wale is bigger than the president. ''Shatta Wale is bigger than Nana Akufo-Addo ... in terms of popularity. What we do as entertainment people or people on TV, we're miles ahead of all these politicians,'' he said.
Ghanaians weigh in on the chances of the candidates on the ballot paper |
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.