Isaac Dogboe part ways with father as manager

Isaac Dogboe part ways with father as manager

- According to him, he wants to be in charge of himself

- The last time he fought was in July 2020

- The former champion insists his relationship with his dad is still solid

Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes

Isaac Dogboe has parted ways with his manager who happens to be his biological father.

The ‘Royal Storm’ hitherto to this announcement had been under the training and management of Paul Dogboe.

“Right now I’m self-managed,” the 26-year-old said on Accra-based GHONE television.

Isaac Dogboe noted it was time “to restructure and rebuild some of the bridges that were broken.”

Dogboe is a former WBO bantamweight champion. He has been inactive since July 2020 when he had his last fight.

Eulogising his father’s matchless contributions to his career, Dogboe rejected suggestions that the two are at loggerheads since severing their relationship.

“He’s nurtured me from the beginning, and if he wasn’t part of my life, Isaac Dogboe won’t be Isaac Dogboe,” he stated.

Election petition: Kumasi-based preacher reveals Mahama’s petition will fail

The father of the British-Ghanaian boxer also said he was perfectly fine with the path his son decided to traverse.

That notwithstanding, how he severed their professional relationship irritated him.

“I’m not angry…but the way he went about it upset me a little bit. He just sent me a text one day informing me of his decision,” the dad stated.

Moving away from sports to politics, specifically the Supreme Court, renowned legal practitioner, Professor Kwaku Asare described as baffling attempts to have the chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC) evade cross-examination in the ongoing election petition trial.

“It is hard to see why election petitions exist if one cannot discover information or cross-examine the returning officer who is the only person charged with declaring the election outcome,” he stated in a Facebook post on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.

Tsatsu Tsikata, Mahama’s lawyer in the trial urged Jean Mensa to testify, telling her that the “truth shall make her free.”

Nyaho-Tamakloe says NPP is in the hands of “bootlickers and rascals” whose focus is to cling to power

According to him, she cannot evade cross-examination after signing the witness statement the Electoral Commission put in the trial.

Arguing his objection to the moves by the lawyer for the First Respondent not to call any witness in the case, Tsikata said instead of the EC chair coming into the box to speak the truth, she will not want to mount the box.

“What has been put before you is not in accordance with the rules of this court and should not be countenanced,” he told the seven-member panel hearing the case.

He insisted that by filing a witness statement, the first respondent had crossed the bridge as far as opening the examination gate for the witness.

Justin Amenuvor and Akoto Ampaw, lawyers of the respondents told the Supreme Court on Monday, February 8, 2021, that they would not call witnesses of their own.

They argued that the three witnesses called by the petitioner “have not satisfied the burden of proof” when they appeared before the court.

Election petition: Justin Amenuvor moves to close EC's case

Enjoy reading our stories?

Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel!

Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Source: Yen.com.gh

Online view pixel