Demi Moore has been entertaining millions of individuals for decades. Her charm, talent, and beauty have mesmerized a global audience that has loyally followed her career. With the considerable fame and following, Demi Moore net worth has grown impressively as well.
Demi Gene Guynes Moore, popularly known by her stage name, Demi Moore, is an American songwriter, model, and actress from Roswell. She has made a mark onscreen and off-screen through her successful career. She has won many awards and nominations for her roles in different films and TV shows over the years.
Demi Moore net worth 2021
How much is Demi Moore net worth? The talented actress has an estimated net worth of $200 million as of 2021. During the peak of her career as an actress, she earned around $60 million in base salaries alone. This played a massive role in increasing her net worth.
How is Demi Moore so rich?
Thanks to her successful career in the entertainment industry, Demi is so rich. She joined the film industry at a young age but has grown to become one of the richest actresses in the world. Demi is successful because she has managed to walk past the struggles and the roadblocks of life.
As a young girl, she faced various challenges, ranging from health problems such as cross-eyed and kidney dysfunctions. She was dedicated to becoming the best that she agreed to shave her head bald for the role on G.I Jane. She was paid a whopping $11 million for this role.
Three years after making her film debut, she appeared in the sex comedy film, Blame it on Rio, which was the source of her upward trajectory. She attained a commercial breakthrough in 1985 after appearing in the drama St Elmo's Fire. The actress earned millions of dollars from this movie.
After her breakthrough at the age of 19, she started starring in high-quality TV shows and movies. At the peak of her career, in 1995, Demi was one of the highest-paid actresses. From her appearance in Striptease, the actress took home a record-breaking salary of $12.5 million.
Some of her other most notable salaries are:
- $3 million for A Few Good Men
- $5 million for Indecent Proposal
- $6 million for Disclosure
- $7 million for The Scarlet Letter
- $7 million for The Juror
Outside the substantial acting paychecks, the actress received $90 million in cash and real estate in a divorce settlement with her ex-husband Bruce Willis. In addition, she has also earned a fortune through real estate transactions over the years.
Why is she so famous?
Demi Moore is famous for her outstanding skills as an actress, excellence in modelling and appearing as a brand ambassador for high-end brands. Here are the highlights of her career:
Demi started her career as a model at a young age. At the age of 16, she signed a modelling contract with Elite Modeling Agency, which catapulted her to fame. Immediately after signing the deal, she was flown to Europe for some modelling gigs.
With her beauty and excellence, the beauty icon turned heads with every walk she made across the various runways. By the time she was 18 years old, she had already posed nude on the cover of an adult magazine.
With that level of exposure, she cashed in a massive sum of money. Over the years, she has graced the cover of numerous international fashion magazines such as:
- Elle (France)
- Grazia (United Kingdom)
- W (United States)
- Vanity Fair
- Rolling Stone
- Harper's Bazaar
- Marie Claire
She joined the film industry in 1981, where she starred as Corri in the film, Choices. The following year, she landed another film role as Patricia Welles in Parasite and her debut TV show role as Jackie Templeton in General Hospital.
Over the years, she has boldly played a diverse range of characters. She has played the following roles in these movies and TV shows:
- 1981 - Choices as Corri
- 1982 - Parasite as Patricia Welles
- 1982 - Young Doctors in Love as New intern
- 1984 - Blame It on Rio as Nicole "Nikki" Hollis
- 1984 - No Small Affair as Laura Victor
- 1985 - St. Elmo's Fire as Jules
- 1986 - About Last Night as Debbie
- 1986 - One Crazy Summer as Cassandra Eldridge
- 1989 - We're No Angels as Molly
- 1990 - Ghost as Molly Jensen
- 1991 - Nothing but Trouble as Diane Lightson
- 1991 - Mortal Thoughts as Cynthia Kellogg
- 1991 - The Butcher's Wife as Marina Lemke
- 1992 - A Few Good Men as LCDR JoAnne Galloway
- 1993 - Indecent Proposal as Diana Murphy
- 1996 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame as Esmeralda
- 1996 - Striptease as Erin Grant
- 1996 - If These Walls Could Talk as Claire Donnelly
- 1996 - Beavis and Butt-Head Do America as Dallas Grimes
- 1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- 1997 - G.I. Jane as Lieutenant Jordan O'Neil
- 1997 - Deconstructing Harry as Helen
- 1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- 2000 - Passion of Mind as Martha / Marty
- 2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
- 2002 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame II as Esmeralda
- 2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle as Madison Lee
- 2005 - Half-Light as Rachel Carlson
- 2006 - Bobby as Virginia Fallon
- 2007 - Mr Brooks as Detective Tracy Atwood
- 2008 - Flawless as Laura Quinn
- 2010 - Happy Tears as Laura
- 2010 - The Joneses as Kate Jones
- 2010 - Bunraku as Alexandra
- 2011 - Margin Call as Sarah Robertson
- 2011 - Another Happy Day as Patty
- 2011 - Nepal's Stolen Children as Narrator / Anchor
- 2012 - LOL as Anne
- 2013 - Very Good Girls as Kate
- 2015 - Forsaken as Mary-Alice Watson
- 2016 - Wild Oats as Crystal
- 2016 - Blind as Suzanne Dutchman
- 2017 - Rough Night as Lea
- 2018 - Love Sonia as Selma
- 2019 - Corporate Animals as Lucy
- 2020 - Songbird as Piper Griffin
- 1982 to 1984 - General Hospital as Jackie Templeton
- 1984 - The Master as Holly Trumbull
- 1984 - Bedrooms as Nancy
- 1987 -The New Homeowner's Guide to Happiness as Sandy Darden
- 2003 - Will & Grace as Si*sy Palmer-Ginsburg
- 2017 to 2018 - Empire as Claudia
- 2018 - The Comedy Central Roast as Herself
- 2018 - Animals as General
- 2020 - Brave New World as Linda
- 2020 - Dirty Diana as Diana
Demi has penned deals with some of the world's biggest and most influential high-end brands. This has come in handy in helping her bag millions of dollars in endorsements deals. Some of the high-end brands she has worked with include:
- Diet Coke
- Lux Soap
- Oscar Mayer
- Jog Mate
- Seibu Department Stores
- Ann Taylor women apparel
The actress has earned millions of dollars from film production. She has produced or co-produced the following movies:
- Mortal Thoughts
- Now and Then
- If These Walls Could Speak
- Austin Powers
- G.I Jane
House and cars
In 1990, the actress and her now ex-husband paid $7 million for a 7,000 square-foot penthouse in Central Park's San Remo building in New York City. The couple also purchased a two-bedroom additional apartment in the same building. During the divorce settlement, the actress took the entire house.
In 2015, she put it for sale at a whopping $75 million. She sold the property two years later, in 2017, at $45 million. She also owns a home in Hailey, Idaho home and Beverly Hills. She acquired the Beverly Hills mansion in 2013 at $3.15 million.
Demi Moore today
Why did Demi Moore quit acting? She quit acting to focus on raising her daughters. This happened amid losing her mother to cancer and her divorce from Willis. However, she has remained active on different social media platforms.
Even with the millions of actors and actresses globally, Demi stands out from them all. She has won the hearts of many with her skills. Besides fame and becoming one of the highest-grossing actresses, Demi Moore net worth has grown steadily.
He made his professional debut in 2003 playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The NBA MVP has accumulated his wealth from years of earning a salary as a professional basketball player, businessman, investor, and ambassador to leading brands.