After cancellation due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Ghana Music Awards UK is back now. It facilitates an environment for collaboration and cultural exchange. The event also celebrates Ghanaian artists residing in Ghana and the United Kingdom.
Ghana Music Awards UK 2020 nominations are set to present awards in 33 votings and two honorary categories. The awards will recognize all the works released between 1st April 2020 and 31st March 2021.
Ghana Music Awards UK academy members
The organizers of the Ghana UK music awards 2021 unveiled the academy members made of nine individuals. Ghana Music Awards UK 2021 team will be lead by Freddie Annan. The other academy members include:
- Confidence Haugen
- Mark Darlington
- Ato Brown Anderson
- Valentine Nyann
- Teddy Abrokwa
- Kweku Manko
- Kweku Ibrahim Badu
The primary duty mandated to the nine members is helping the board to shortlist the nominees as well as selecting some of the Gh music award winners.
Ghana Music Awards UK submissions
Ghana Music Awards UK organizers began accepting submission on 25th May 2021. The deadline for the submission is 22nd June 2021. For Ghana music awards 2020, voting will be done online through the Ghana Music Awards UK's official website. Voting will also be done through selected mobile networks.
1. Hiplife/Hip Hop Artiste Of The Year
2. Hiplife/Hip Hop Song Of The Year
3. Highlife Song Of The Year
4. Highlife Artiste of The Year
5. Gospel Song Of The Year
6. Gospel Artiste Of The Year
7. Reggae/Dancehall Artiste Of The Year
8. Reggae/Dancehall Song of The Year
9. Afrobeats Artiste of The Year
10. Afrobeats Song of The Year
11. The Best Male Vocal Artiste
12. The Best Female Vocal Artiste
13. The Best Group of The Year
14. The Best Rapper of The Year
15. The Best Collaboration of The Year
16. New Artiste of the Year
17. Popular Song of The Year
18. Artiste of the Year
19. The African Artiste Of The Year
20. Uncovered Artiste Of The Year
21. The Producer of The Year
22. Song Writer of The Year
23. Best Instrumentalist of The Year
24. UK Based Songwriter Of The Year
25. The UK Based Best Instrumentalist Of The Year
26. UK Based Best DJ Of The Year
27. The UK Based Uncovered Artiste Of The Year
28. The UK Based Afrobeats Artist Of The Year
29. The UK Based Afrobeats Song Of The Year
30. The UK Based Artiste Of The Year
31. The UK Based Gospel Song Of The Year
32. The UK Based Gospel Artiste Of The Year
33. The UK Based Best Collaboration Of The Year
34. The Ghanaian Cultural / Traditional Art
35. European Artiste Of The Year
36. The Best Music Video Of The Year
37. Most Dominant Fanbase of The Year
38. Lifetime Achievement Award
39. Special Recognition Award
The Ghana Music Awards UK in 2021 ceremony is scheduled to take place on 9th October 2021. Unlike the other years, this year's awards will be held virtually. All the best to those looking forward to nominations and winning different awards!
Yen.com.gh shared an article on the most awarded artist in Ghana. The Ghana Music Awards winners as well as others taking different prizes from different entities in Ghana definitely deserve it. Some musicians are greatly talented in winning various categories and even doing it for more than one year.
Indeed, Ghanaian musicians have remarkable talent and potential. These awards are a great testament to their hard work and amazing perseverance.