- Ghana is making great strides in the area of technology
- The country has been rated number one on the African continent in fixed broadband internet
- However, the country isn't that lucky when it comes to mobile internet as it is rated at a lower number
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Ghana has topped the list of African countries with the fastest fixed broadband internet.
Second on the list is South Africa.
Find below the top 10 African countries with the fastest fixed broadband internet in Africa, and how they rank in the world.
1. Ghana (79th in the world)
2. South (85th in the world)
3. Egypt (91st in the world)
4. Madagascar (96th in the world)
5. Cote D’Ivoire (101st in the world)
6. Seychelles (103rd in the world)
7. Senegal (105th in the world)
8. Morocco (110th in the world)
9. Mauritius (121 in the world)
10. Burkina Faso (125th in the world)
Although Ghana ranks number one on fixed broadband internet, it is important to note that Ghana ranks lower when it comes to mobile internet.
Ghana ranks at number 132 up one spot from June 2021.
In other news about the internet, YEN.com.gh reported that Kumasi Asante Kotoko CEO, Nana Yaw Amponsah had revealed that the club is set to receive $100,000 in cash and products from the award-winning developers of premium social virtual and augmented reality experiences, CEEK.
According to a tweet from the club sighted by YEN.com.gh, the club were looking for an innovative way to reach out to their fans in the diaspora and Ghana as well, and CEEK presented the best opportunity.
Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!