The Radisson Blu Hotel at Bamako in Mali which got attacked by extremists resulting in the siege of about 170 people has finally been freed of the said hostages following military intervention from France.
So far, Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and its offshoot al-Murabitoun has claimed responsibility for the siege as reporters have been told that at least 18 people have died in the siege and two of the gunmen have been killed.
Managers of the hotel in Mali say on Friday, two gunmen took 140 guests and 30 employees as hostages. A group of men drove to the hotel in a car with diplomatic plates, entered the building and went up to a higher floor, hotel security sources said. They forced a door open and shots were heard. Security forces stormed the area.