The Ghana Embassy in France on Thursday affirmed that no Ghanaian died in the Paris terrorist attacks that occurred last Friday.Ghana’s Ambassador to France and Portugal, Johanna Odonkor Svanikier, in a statement said the Embassy made enquiries at St Denis Police Station, the suburb where the young man Otis Nuako was alleged to have died, and the police knew nothing of the case.
The statement said the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs has affirmed that there was no record of Otis Nuako, the alleged deceased being amongst the victims of the Paris attacks.
They indicated that they had no record of him or any Ghanaian being victim to the attacks.
Further enquiries revealed that there was only one victim killed by the explosions outside the national stadium - a middle-aged white man.
The statement said circumstances leading to the alleged death of the late Otis Nuako, whom it was alleged was found lying unconscious on a street in Saint Denis, not far from the national stadium, are still unclear.
In other terrorist attack news, Ghana’s Foreign Ministry has confirmed that no Ghanaian was involved in the recent terrorist attack in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Mali’s capital Bamako.
In her first public interview on the matter, Hannah Tetteh told Citi News that Ghanaian citizens and troops in Mali are safe.
“I have had an update from our ambassador in Mali. Even though our mission in Bamako is not too far away from the Radisson hotel, because the attack started earlier in the morning, the staff were advised not to go to work so they were nowhere near in the line of fire and they would have been the closest Ghanaians to have been impacted by the incident if it had occurred” she explained.