Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Neymar Junior have criticized the organizers’ decision to include Cristiano Ronaldo in the last three-man list for the Ballon d’or award.
Messi was speaking after being named the La Liga player of the year ahead of Ronaldo in the annual La on Monday, November 30.
In Ronaldo’s place the Barca duo, Messi and Neymar insisted that their teammate, Luis Suarez should have been named instead due to his blistering form after arriving from Liverpool.
Neymar complimented what Messi said; he said leaving out Suarez from the list was probably a mistake because the Uruguayan striker has had a brilliant season too.
He revealed what made them successful at Barca this season.
The MSN trio have scored 125 goals among them in 2015 alone, an achievement yet to be complimented by any European club.
In the La Liga top player awards’ seven year history, Messi has it six times, with last year’s winner Cristiano Ronaldo the only other winner.
Messsi was awarded the forward player of the year with his team, Barcelona being honoured for their star performance in the domestic league and Europe.
Messi however, showed some respect as he acknowledged Ronaldo’s contribution on the pitch, saying that the Madrid forward was in good form.