The dismissed Chief Executive Officer of the Youth Employment Agency (YEA), Vincent Kuagbenu has been accused of discrimination against the disabled.
“He told me that he was not prepared to work with a visually impaired and for that matter; a disabled person and that I should stop parading myself around the place as the deputy CEO of NYE,” Jacob Adongo Atule said on Accra based Joy FM.
According to Mr. Adongo Atule, Mr. Kuagbenu “hated working with persons with disability”.
He also alleged that the sacked Kuagbenu told him [Jacob Adongo] and others at the agency he was not willing to tolerate him as a deputy because he was visually impaired and could upset his working pace.
Adongo Atule made this revelation hours after the Chief of Staff Julius Debrah released a communication on Tuesday announcing the recently appointed radical YEA boss had been relieved of his post.
Mr. Kuagbenu was directed to return to the presidency for reassignment as the Chief of Staff's letter named Kwabena Beechem as his successor.
Meanwhile, Adongo said he believes the former NSS boss was sacked because word reached the presidency he preferred to control all affairs of the agency and had been “plotting to do his own thing”.
“He told me that he was not prepared to work with a visually impaired and for that matter; a disabled person and that I should stop parading myself around the place as the deputy CEO of NYE,” Jacob said.
Adding, “even the Auditor; he forced the Auditor to resign because he refused to do his bidding.”
Kuagbenu, a former National Service Secretariat (NSS) boss took over from Kobby Acheampong in June this year after a reshuffle by President John Mahama.