The case involving musician, Wisa Gried has been adjourned by an Accra Circuit Court to January 25.
The case was adjourned after the State failed to present a witness during the hearing on Wednesday morning.
Readers are reminded that the rapper, while performing at last year’s Decemba 2 Rememba concert organised by Accra-based Citi FM on December 24 pulled down his white boxer and pulled out his manhood and rubbed it behind the lady.
After his behaviour which caused much controversy, Wisa and his management in a statement, apologised to Ghanaians for his behaviour.
He also disclosed in an interview with Joy News after he was charged with indecent exposure that, “I put all the blames on me and I accept it, I agree to it… I’m ready to face the law.”
Curiously, the rapper pleaded not guilty to the charge of gross indecent exposure when he appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.
In court, his counsel Jerry Avenorgbor argued that what the artiste did was for the “beauty of entertainment" but people did not get the drift. He suggested later in an interview that the penis he displayed was a fake.
In a related development, controversial singer Wanlov the Kuborlor, has noted that he does not find any harm caused in Wisa Greid’s decision to show his manhood on stage.
Speaking in an interview with Kafui Dey and Basiwaa on GhOne, the member of the FOKN boys explained that Ghanaians have an issue with the stance pulled by up and coming singer because of our culture and also for the fact that we are more concerned about what people do than our development as a nation.
“As human as I am, I don’t have a problem with what Wisa did but as a Ghanaian, I do have issues with it. The reason is, Ghana is a country that takes culture and religion seriously unlike other countries who would prefer focusing on other things that will improve the lives of its citizenry,” he said.
The Coz of Money artiste was recently in the news for being prevented from accessing the Kempinski hotel facility because he was bare-footed.
Meanwhile, latest gospel sensation, Florence Narh in a recent interview has called on authorities to sanction Wisa Greid for his appalling behaviour on stage. According to Florence, punishing the singer would deter others from towing that line.
Florence of “Yesu Woho” fame also indicated in a recent interview that should Wisa be fined for his appalling act by the court, she is willing to help pay the fine.
“What? Wisa will pay just GHc 120? Hahaha…then I will pay for him. If it’s not GHc 120.000 but just GHc 120 looking at the magnitude of what he did then am not challenging the law, but would pay for him then plead for amendment of the law…Yes! the law must be amended else we are going to experience appalling acts which might be severer than what Wisa did”, Florence told Dr. Who with much humane.
Florence noted that she is not inspired to listen to Wisa’s hit song, “Ekiki Mi”.
Florence Narh is currently doing a remix version of her “Yesu Woho” hit song being engineered by award winning Kaywa.