Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Arthur Simpson-Kent being brought to court

Arthur Simpson-Kent, the man alleged to have killed his girlfriend and two children has admitted to the murder.

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Arthur Simpson-Kent confesses to killings

According to the police in Ghana, Simpson-Kent confessed that he killed the girlfriend and the two children because the EastEnder Actress had a terminal illness and since she would die eventually, he felt it was better she died with her two children. He further added that he has no regrets.

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Arthur Simpson-Kent arrives in court

Arthur Simpson-Kent, who is in custody, revealed that “the mum was going to die and it was better for them all to die together. I have “no regrets” over the killings”. The suspect added  that he killed the ex-EastEnders actress, Sian because she was terminally ill with motor neurone disease.

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

A picture of the Busua Beach resort where Simpson-Kent was staying

Simpson-Kent is reported to have fled Britain shortly before the bodies of Sian, Zachary,  and Amon, aged 43,8 and 4 respectively, were found buried in the back garden of the family home in Erith, South London.

READ ALSO:

The Sun reports that, Ghanaian Director General of CID Prosper Agblor, has suggested that nothing will hinder the extradition process of returning Simpson-Kent to the UK; since this is not dependent on where he is of a Ghanaian descent or British descent.

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Arthur Simpson-Kent being led out of court with his lawyer

“Whether or not he has family ties in Ghana is not of any importance. Whether he’s Ghanaian or from the moon, he has committed a crime”, he added.

At Simpson-Kent’s first appearance at the Kaneshie District Magistrate Court on Tuesday, it was revealed that Scotland Yard has not yet made a formal extradition request despite having four detectives in Ghana to help arrest Arthur-Kent. It was also disclosed that the Scotland Yard have not also issued a warrant for his arrest in London.

Sian Blake’s Boyfriend Admits To Killings

Arthur Simpson-Kent at the BNI office

Also in court, Simpson-Kent stared at the floor with his hands cuffed behind his back. According to prosecutors, he was "uncooperative and dismissive" of the British detectives when they first quizzed him over Sian's disappearance last month. He is reported to have only spoken quietly to officials.

Officers from Scotland Yard - who travelled to West Africa to join the manhunt last week - were not present as the hearing opened in front of Her Worship Rosemund Dodua Agyiri.  The hearing marked start of proceedings that are expected to last a few days.

Sources said efforts are underway to speed up the process so that Simpson-Kent can potentially be returned to the UK later this week. It is unclear whether a lawyer for the former fugitive will oppose his extradition.

Simpson-Kent was arrested in the same grey T-shirt, jeans and flip flops on Saturday is reported to have arrived shortly before Christmas, claiming he wanted to start a new life in Ghana.

According to Comfort McLaren, owner of one of the hotels where Simpson-Kent stayed, said she has questioned him, if he had kids and Simpson-Kent replied in the affirmative saying yes, he had two kids.

 “I asked him if he had kids, he wasn’t mentioning much about his family. He said ‘Yeah, ‘I have two kids’. He acted like they were still there”, Comfort said.

The 48 years old hair-stylist who was residing in the Busua Beach resort in Takoradi was arrested at the weekend while eating coconut.  This was after cops tracked him to a secluded beach in the village of Butre, some 200km from the capital.

Meanwhile, Detective Chief Inspector Graeme Gwyn, of the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, has expressed his gratitude to the Ghana Police for helping to arrest the suspect.

“I’d like to pass on my extreme thanks to the Ghanaian police for their assistance. Due to ongoing legal proceedings I’m unable to provide further updates”, he noted.

Simpson-Kent has since been held in custody in at the high security headquarters of Ghana's National security. The facility in Accra is used to detain sensitive prisoners and those considered a threat to the country since Saturday.

Sian played man-eating Frankie Pierre in EastEnders in the late 1990s.

 

Related news

Rare photos of Sis. Afia's traditional wedding leak

Rare photos of Sis. Afia's traditional wedding leak

Rare photos of Sis. Afia's traditional wedding leak